- Vanderbilt might be 2-4, but they're 3-2-1 against the spread. That defense is no cupcake.
- Mizzou is 2-5 against the spread, and 1-2 against the spread on the road.
- Neither team has hit the over in any game this season.
- This game is going to be ugly as hell.
1. This game is going to be ugly. Really ugly. What I want to know is this: what's the nastiest, dirtiest, most vile way this game can play out?
The Beef - Vanderbilt kicks a last-second field goal to beat us 3-2
Chris L Turner - This ends up rivaling the 3-2 spectacle that Auburn-Mississippi State put on a few years back. 5-4 anyone?
Jack Peglow - A THIRD GAME THAT ENDS WITH A SCORE OF 6-9.
HHKB Chris - It should be obvious. The game is played at Vanderbilt's hideous excuse for a gym and the trauma that ensues breaks Gary's brain.
switzy227 - Vanderbilt winning.
AlaTiger - A 2-0 Mizzou loss.
Sam Snelling - Mizzou loses, but in a shootout. Drew Lock leads Mizzou to 46 points but Kentrell gets ejected for targeting on a terrible call, the defense falls apart and gives up 44 points in the second half. Mizzou offense is bleeding the clock out when a drunken Jack Peglow runs streaking onto the field, gets clobbered by local security and at least one angry Vandy linebacker. Officials, in a weird move, penalize Mizzou after seeing Jack's full back Truman the Tiger tattoo, and give Vandy the ball on the 8 yard line. They line up to kick a field goal to win the game. Josh Augusta blows through the line and runs over the holder before the kick can get off, but the ball is fumbled. Then the Vandy kicker picks up the ball and runs it in for a touchdown because the rest of the Defense was running off the field thinking the game was won.
jaeger - PA system plays the infamous "brown note," causing everyone in the stadium to poop their pants simultaneously. The stench causes mass vomiting. And then, with a chance to tie or take the lead, Mizzou has Lock run a speed option on 1st and 10 with less than 2 minutes remaining in the game.
2. It may fall on the defense/special teams to start scoring for Mizzou. If you had to place a bet on it, which non-offensive player would be the most likely candidate to finally find the end zone?
Beef - If I had to place a bet, it would be Gibson. They wont try to throw on Dennis or (especially) Penton, so Gibson will jump a route and house it.
Turner - Corey Fatony fake punt for a TD, effectively sealing his Heisman candidacy for this year.
Peglow - Terry Beckner Jr. catches a ball tipped at the line, rumbles into the end zone. Been too long since we had a Fat Guy Touchdown.
HHKB - Charles Harris with a scoop a score.
switzy227 - Chaz Harris. He's a freak from what Jesse Palmer tells me.
AlaTiger - Walter Brady scoops and scores after a Charles Harris strip sack.
Snelling - After last week, I'm not going to say Kenya Dennis... yikes. I'm going with Kentrell Brothers, because he's done everything else for this team so far... it only makes sense.
jaeger - Brothers. He will tackle someone so thoroughly that, on the next play, they will meekly hand him the ball and he will moonwalk into the endzone.
3. The Tigers are heading to Nashville this weekend, the home of country music. If Gary Pinkel were to get a wild hair and leave the team to pursue his dream of becoming a country star, what would his debut single be?
Beef - Drownin’ in my Red Wine Tears.
Turner - "She thinks my Visor's sexy"
Peglow - Either "Disrespected" or "Two-Star Blues"
HHKB - Clearly, "We doin' what we doin'"
switzy227 - (We Do) What We Do.
AlaTiger - A countrified version of Red Red Wine featuring new lyrics about the OLine driving him to drink.
Snelling - "Don't Come Home A-Drinking" - A cover of Loretta Lynn's hit song.
jaeger - "Deep in My Jumbo Glass of Wine"
Aaaaaand your results:
1. AlaTiger, The Beef, and HHKB Chris (16 correct picks)
2. Fullback U, Jack Peglow, and switzy227 (15 correct picks)
3. Sam Snelling (13 correct picks)
4. Chris L Turner and dcrockett17 (3 correct picks)
Sure is packed up top. Let's move on.
|Mastheader||Straight Up||Against the Spread||Over/Under|
|Chris L Tuner||Missouri||Missouri||Under|
SEND 'EM DOWN WITH THE SHIP, TIGERS.