For the third week in a row, we have ourselves a new number one! It's the Tigers, just not the Tiger you root for (probably, I'm playing the odds here). This season is turning out to be quite fluid, with many top-ranking teams being unable to hold on to their thrones for very long. Will the Fightin' Fournette's follow that trend, or will they succumb like so many teams before them. I think we all know the answer:
1. LSU Tigers - LSU plays South Carolina next week. The Gamecocks are fresh off a defensive effort which saw Ish "zero yards after contact" Witter tally NINETY-EIGHT rushing yards against them. Leonard Fournette might break Samaje Perine's single-game rushing record.
2. Texas A&M Aggies - I'm not sure the Aggies have the proper licensing for carrying around a weapon like Myles Garrett, but this is Texas we're talking about so it's pointless to ask them about it.
3. Alabama Crimson Tide - LOOK WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU RUN THE DANG BALL, LANE.
4. Florida Gators - I'll tell you who wasn't feeling blue this past weekend: the orange-clad Florida Gators!
5. Georgia Bulldogs - A lot of people are going to talk about the Dawgs "Georgia-ing" up this game, and that's probably true to an extent, but we should also acknowledge the fact that Alabama is really dang good. UGA still has a solid shot at winning the East.
6. Ole Miss Rebels - Don't get too down, Rebels. Even the most vaunted defenses will struggle to contain Will Grier, certified superstar quarterback.
7. Mississippi St. Bulldogs - MSU is good enough to hang with the best of the West, but not to beat any of them. Which pretty much guarantees that they'll ruin Ole Miss' bowl game selection with an Egg Bowl victory.
8. Kentucky Wildcats - UK had a lackluster performance, but they did a good job of hiding it behind some of the more exciting games going on during that time slot. They'll make up for whatever stock they lost this week when they beat Auburn next week.
9. Missouri Tigers - Locktoberfest is off to a great start, and things are only looking up. Tiger fans should be super excited to see their true freshman quarterback go up against this Florida defense with an improving-but-still-trash running game. No pause for concern there. Nope. Everything's fine.
10. Arkansas Razorbacks - They won a game! Sure, it took playing a struggling Tennessee team to finally get a W in the conference wins column, but beggars can't be choosers here. Bert will eat those leftovers, and he'll be damn proud of it.
11. Auburn Tigers - A win is a win, no matter how small.
12. Tennessee Volunteers - We need to stop giving Butch Jones nice things.
13. South Carolina Gamecocks - I feel for the Gamecocks, they were victims of fate. Nothing was getting in the way of the Drew Lock hype train last weekend. He'd acquired too much plot armor for Missouri to lose that game.
14. Vanderbilt Commodores - Oh look at that! You did win a game, didn't you! I'm so proud, we'll hang this on the fridge where we can look at your special win every day!
As always, these rankings are certifiably correct. All arguments to the contrary in the comments will be considered hostile and reported to the appropriate authorities.