We don't expect anything news worthy to happen today. It looks like Mizzou will get three National Letters of Intent from the three commitments, so we'll post as those come in. I'll also keep on top, as much as I can, with the SEC coverage as a whole. So as we get started:
Welcome to MIZZOU WILLIE JACKSON!
It was originally reported that Jackson wouldn't sign until Saturday. That appears not to be the case, Sonny Johnson is Jackson's high school coach and I noticed that he tweeted that Jackson's HS teammate and Louisville commit Frankie Hughes had signed last night. If you want more info on Willie Jackson, read this: Willie Jackson commits
Jackson is expected to bring defense and toughness to the roster, and has the ability to play on the interior, but ultimately projects as a wing. We're still waiting on confirmation on the other two... welp, cross one off the list.
Welcome to MIZZOU REED NIKKO!
Just got confirmation that Reed Nikko has his paperwork in and is officially a Tiger.— Sam Snelling (@SamSnellingRMN) November 11, 2015
Nikko did in fact sign this morning, I was just waiting on confirmation before I added him officially to the list. #SOURCES inside the program informed me that they indeed have paperwork signed and delivered by both Nikko and Jackson and are waiting on Smith, who has his ceremony still set. If you want more info on Nikko, read this: Reed Nikko commitment breakdown
Well, I guess we can cross them all off the list...
Welcome to MIZZOU MITCHELL SMITH!
Last night Smith informed me that he would be signing at a noon ceremony, and that's what it looked like Courtesy of Bobby Swofford on twitter. Smith is the last piece of the 2016 class, and barring unforeseen exits (more than one) we expect Mizzou to be done for the year.
We'll soon be turning our attention to the 2017 class, until then, get to know them here: Recruiting Hot Board.
Mizzou is out of the Bam sweepstakes, who is about the only guy that might provide a surprise, but if he announces we'll add it here. As of now, he's not expected to announce today.
Elsewhere in the SEC:
- The biggest news to hit today was Seventh Woods, who many had pegged to head to South Carolina, chose North Carolina instead. Woods was a highly ranked 4-star combo guard.
- As of right now, Alabama has the top ranked class in the SEC and expects to sign 5-star Terrence Ferguson, and 4-stars Braxton Key and JUCO guard Armond Davis. They're also putting a late charge in for Marques Bolden, a 5-star post player from Texas.
- Second, and likely first by the end of it, will be Kentucky, who have two 5-star big men in Sacha Killeya-Jones and Wenyen Gabriel. The Wildcats are the favorites for 5-star guards De'Aron Fox and Malik Monk. They're also in the mix on Bam Adebayo, Jarrett Allen, and Kobe Simmons... all five stars.
- Ben Howland has a good class waiting as the Bulldogs have commitments from 4-stars Schnider Herard (POST), Tyson Carter (CG), Lamar Peters (PG) and Eli Wright (WING). He's also got MSU in on Mario Kegler, a 5-star wing, and De'Ron Davis, a 4-star Post.
- Auburn has a three player class ready to go with the headliner being Mustapha Heron, a 5-star wing. They're also inking a 4-star PG Jared Harper, and are still in the mix on Bam Adebayo and Abdul Ado.
- Mike Anderson recovered a bit from a slow recruiting class last season to land 3 4-star JUCO players, two of whom had MIzzou offers in Arlando Cook and Jaylen Barford.
We'll try to keep everything as updated as possible throughout the day.
UPDATE: Seventh Woods news; Willie Jackson news
UPDATE: Reed Nikko signs
UPDATE: Mitchell Smith signs
Mizzou signed three, the other SEC schools are gonna sign some guys. Have a good day.