The two Bens on the Post-Dispatch’s columnist roster (Hochman and Frederickson) have a regular “2 Bens in a Car” feature, and Barry Odom sat in for the first time in about a year.
The main takeaways:
1. Odom had a Boz haircut and got a No. 44 jersey in the mid-1980s. (Pics or it didn’t happen.)
2. Odom has a plan.
I won't trade that [first-year coaching experience] for anything. I feel a lot better today than I did last year sitting in this ride. ... I feel better about where our roster is today. We've got a lot of room for improvement in a lot of different areas, but I have a great plan on how we're gonna get there.
- Chase Daniel played yesterday! He subbed in briefly for Carson Wentz in the Eagles’ 24-19 win over the Giants, going 1-for-1 for 16 yards. That makes his career passing line 51-for-78 for 482 yards, a touchdown, and an interception. His dollars-per-pass ratio is one of a kind.
Matt Flynn: $19.2M earnings, 7 starts, 53 games, 357 career attempts— Eric Edholm (@Eric_Edholm) December 23, 2016
Chase Daniel: $19.3M, 2 starts, 57 games, 78 career attempts
- Peoria lineman Kendrick Green has committed to Illinois. Mizzou tried to get in with him super late in the process, after he had already taken most of his official visits, so it certainly seemed like a longshot. And it was.
- Sean Culkin will be playing in something called the Tropical Bowl next month.
- Fourth-longest in the SEC, baby.
Current SEC win streaks:— Hunter Johnson (@HunterLJohnson) December 21, 2016
Ole Miss 0
Miss St 1
- OL Pompey Coleman did indeed sign his scholarship papers so that he could enroll at Mizzou in January along with JUCO OL Yasir Durant and RB Isaiah Miller. Photographic evidence: