Missouri Tigers (4-3)
Miami (Ohio) RedHawks (4-4)
Tuesday, December 6
at 7:00 PM CT
Well do you have anything better to do? I think not.
Ben Arnet and Jarrett Sutton on the call
Tiger Radio Network
Mike Kelly, Gary Link
It's game night Mizzou fans! The Tigers continue their homestand that started with Northwestern State and churns until the 21st of December for the Bragging Rights game with the rival from another conference who will still answer our calls, the Illini.
But before we look ahead to that (or Saturday's tilt with Arizona), Mizzou has to face the RedHawks of Miami. Here's what I bet you know about Miami of Ohio:
- Mizzou is playing them tonight.
- Wally Szczerbiak is the only person you can name that has gone there.
- Mizzou played them in football in 2011 and won uninspiringly 17-6.
That all said, Mizzou is projected by KenPom to win this game 75-64 with an 85% confidence rating, so the numbers are in the Tigers' favor.
Looking at the numbers before the matchup, here's what the RedHawks do well:
- They limit you on the offensive glass
They block a bunch of shots
- They get to the free throw line frequently
And here's what the RedHawks do less well:
- They don't rebound well on their side of the offensive glass
- They give up a ton of free throws
- They are careless with the ball
Can Mizzou take advantage of the RedHawk deficiencies, and will they finally shoot the ball competently? We'll see tonight!
Happy belated birthday to the big man, Russ Woods and let's get at it!