The KC Star got a hold of Mizzou’s 2015-16 financials. Quite a few interesting takeaways.
- Revenue jumped 5.5%, while expenses jumped 8.6%. The difference there is likely because of cost-of-attendance stipends that began in 2015-16.
- Media rights revenue jumped 27%, thanks to the SEC Network.
- Ticket revenue dropped 18% ... and that was in 2015-16. As we know, ticket sales plummeted this past fall as Mizzou’s football attendance dropped from 65,120 to 52,236. And, of course, basketball attendance hasn’t improved. Gulp. The drop in 2015-16 was due partially to having one fewer home game than normal. That won’t be the reason for the drop in 2016-17.
Regarding that last bullet, I guess the good news is that, projecting forward, both Mizzou Football and Mizzou Basketball are likely to improve next year — the football team was crazy-young, and the basketball team ... well ... it’s even crazier-young and might be under new leadership. (And it can’t get much worse.)
So there’s that.
- Aarion Penton apparently did so well in the East-West Shrine Game that he got called up to the Senior Bowl. I didn’t realize that’s something that actually happens, but well done, Mr. Maxey-Penton.
- Roster Paring Season continues: junior-to-be Josh Moore is transferring.
Thank you Mizzou for the great memories, but I plan to transfer and follow other opportunities academically and athletically. Thank You. pic.twitter.com/iP69RJVDeI— Josh Moore (@JoshMoore_08) January 23, 2017
It’s a shame this one didn’t work out. Moore is a great athlete but seemed like your prototypical ‘tweener, not quite quick enough to be a great end and not big enough for tackle. He bounced between both spots and stuck at neither. Good luck to him.
- PowerMizzou caught up with Mizzou RB commit Larry Rountree. Meanwhile, Barry Odom was visiting CB commit Adam Sparks.
Boss man came through M.I.Z ‼️ pic.twitter.com/Kxn4aNAebH— 1️⃣3️⃣ ™ (@adamsparks18) January 24, 2017
- Next up for Mizzou Hoops: the most winnable remaining road game. Mississippi State’s improving pretty quickly, though, so Mizzou’s odds are down to 17% per Pomeroy. Whatever, here’s a nice feature on Jordan Barnett.
- Mizzou Women’s Hoops did exactly what it needed to do in Fayetteville last night: pummel an iffy team. They led 21-8 after one quarter and cruised from there, 60-46.
- Mizzou Network is cranking out the videos. Here’s one on Swimming & Diving star Lauren Reedy.
- Mizzou just hired a hall-of-fame SID. Probably can’t be a bad thing.