The streak lives! Mizzou led Mississippi State at halftime last night, then got run the hell over.
- First 18 minutes: Mizzou 41, MSU 32
- Last 22 minutes: MSU 57, Mizzou 33
The 89-74 loss means Missouri still has yet to win a road game under Kim Anderson.
Starting lineup for last #Mizzou road win: Jabari Brown, Jordan Clarkson, Earnest Ross, Ryan Rosburg, Johnathan Williams III— Gabe DeArmond (@GabeDeArmond) January 25, 2017
Mizzou’s last road win, as if you needed to be reminded, was at Arkansas on January 28, 2014. That was 1,094 days ago. In two days, it will have been exactly three years.
I’ve said “We know where this is headed” approximately 1,094 times this season, and ... well ... we know where this is headed. But it would really stink if Kim Anderson’s tenure as Mizzou head coach ended with zero road wins. It would be staggering, really.
Remaining road wins and KenPom win probability:
- Feb. 2 at Florida: 2%
- Feb. 8 at Texas A&M: 12%
- Feb. 18 at Tennessee: 7%
- Feb. 25 at Ole Miss: 16%
- Mar. 4 at Auburn: 15%
From an odds standpoint, there’s only a 57% chance the Tigers lose all five of those games. Feels like 97%.
More on last night (if you dare) from MUtigers.com, The Trib, Post-Dispatch, KC Star, The Missourian, and PowerMizzou.
- Aarion Penton is small.
Weigh-ins were this morning. Penton, a CB, checked in at 5-9 3/8, 177 pounds (that's small). Hands: 9 1/8. Arms: 29 5/8. #Mizzou (2/3)— Terez A. Paylor (@TerezPaylor) January 24, 2017
- Aarion Penton is mighty.
Syracuse WR Amba Etta-Tawo up against Mizzou CB Aarion Penton. Better J-school won this one pic.twitter.com/lkipj5AAp7— Matthew Fairburn (@MatthewFairburn) January 25, 2017
- Mizzou landed a quarterback commitment this week! PowerMizzou talked to Taylor Powell’s high school coach, and it probably isn’t surprising to learn that he is effusive with Powell praise. (By the way, here are the Signing Day plans for MUtigers.com.)
- Dave Matter has more on the battle between dropping Mizzou ticket sales and rising SEC Network revenue.
- Which offensive player might become a breakout star in 2017? Blake Toppmeyer takes a look.
- So this is pretty cool: On April 8, the final game of Mizzou’s baseball series with Georgia will take place at Suntrust Park, the new home of the Atlanta Braves.
April 8th: @BaseballUGA hosts @MizzouBaseball at #SunTrustPark! The game will benefit @childrensatl.— SunTrust Park (@SunTrustPark) January 25, 2017
Tickets: https://t.co/kLwQPYsS0e pic.twitter.com/GFK3BZOiYb
- Mizzou Women’s Hoops has won three games in a row and now kicks off a two-game home stand against Auburn tonight (7pm CT, SEC+). Auburn is 14-6 overall and 4-2 in conference. And apparently Mizzou’s response to recent success has been practicing harder. Nothing wrong with that (unless somebody else suffers a damn injury). Hey, speaking of injuries...
- No. 11 Mizzou Gymnastics, meanwhile, takes on No. 12 Georgia in Athens tomorrow (6pm CT, SEC+). It’ll be tough for Mizzou moving forward without probably its best overall gymnast, Morgan Porter, who suffered an Achilles injury last week.
Out of surgery and doing very well! I'm so fortunate to be in such great hands here at Mizzou. Thanks to everyone who kept me company pic.twitter.com/OqFCWM2QdA— Morgan Porter (@morgan_porter10) January 24, 2017
- Softball practice reports? Softball practice reports!
- Via Field Gulls, I found something pretty cool: A detailed but succinct review of your basic 4-3 and 3-4 defensive concepts on Reddit. If you’re into such a thing.