Missouri head coach Barry Odom and offensive coordinator Josh Heupel spoke to the media on Monday. Here’s Odom:
Barry Odom Presser 10/16/17
Missouri HC Barry Odom met with the media for his weekly press conferencePosted by Rock M Nation on Monday, October 16, 2017
The most interesting passage from Odom: when he talked about fire. Not, like, passion — I mean actual fire.
“You’ll get a kick of out this,” he said, holding up a dented can of Instant Ignite from his lectern. “This was used last night, so that’s good. I don’t know why it stayed in here. … I don’t think we got any marks (on the walls). Sprinklers didn’t go off, so we probably need to get those tested also.”
For fans of "Game of Thrones," Odom called "Dracarys" on the first half of the season.
During the meeting, Odom set ablaze remnants of the team’s first six games, which one witness described as scouting reports, game plans, references to criticism on social media, plus a list of the officials who botched the ending of Mizzou’s game at Kentucky earlier this month.
This might be my favorite thing that Barry Odom has ever done, and that includes forcing the fumble on Joe Germaine against Ohio State in 1998. And in the ‘literal gimmicks’ category, it’s way better than what Odom’s head coach did back in the day — Larry Smith would have players carry rubber bands (“Snap back!”) or tennis balls (“Bounce back!”). Setting fire to half a season is way more fun than that.
Definitely get those sprinklers checked, though.
More Football Links:
Josh Heupel 10/16/17
Missouri Offensive Coordinator Josh Heupel speaks to the media about the steps Mizzou has taken since their bye weekPosted by Rock M Nation on Monday, October 16, 2017
- Damarea Crockett will be limited in practice on Tuesday due to the shoulder injury he suffered. They didn’t reveal anything more serious than that ... though they probably wouldn’t reveal it, either.
- A.J. Logan is back.
- Anthony Sherrils should be, too.
- Mizzou is still looking for answers as it pertains to third-down defense.
Former #Mizzou basketball coach Norm Stewart says he's excited for the Border War revival this Sunday in KC.— Andrew Kauffman (@A_Kauff) October 16, 2017
- Hoops commit K.J. Santos is choosing a pretty good time to visit Columbia.
Official visit to Mizzou Nov 10!— K.J. Santos (@Silky_Sm00th1) October 16, 2017
- The NCAA is requiring a self-review of all basketball programs. Kinda thought they were supposed to be doing that anyway.