A Corey Fatony, Award Candidate video? Oh hell yes.
Give him all of your awards. And hopefully don’t give him too much work on Saturday.
Okay, fine, if you want a “whole-team” hype video for a “really important game” on Saturday, I guess we can watch that, too.
This really is the biggest game since South Carolina tomorrow. If Mizzou wins, the Tigers’ odds of bowling will cross 50% for the first time since mid-September. After being 6% two weeks ago.
If the Tigers lose, hope is not lost ... but it’s mostly lost. And I honestly don’t have much of a feel for the game itself. No outcome — Mizzou blowout, Florida blowout — will surprise me all that much. Either one will be a “With hindsight, we should have seen that coming” thing.
We will explain away a Mizzou blowout win by talking about Missouri’s broken-out offense and Florida having packed it in for the season. We will explain a Florida blowout win by talking about how Mizzou’s success against Idaho and UConn was a mirage (just like Missouri State, just like Eastern Michigan last year, etc.) and how the interim coach situation gave Florida a bit of a dead cat bounce. We all have our own suspicions one way or the other, but either explanation will make plenty of sense after the game. It’s an odd place to be.
More Football Links:
- “The lightbulb has come on for him.”
- Mizzou beat writer talks to Florida beat writer.
- Martin Rucker has thoughts.
- Man oh man, you really need to read this piece on Ish Witter’s upbringing. Ish has always been a likable dude, but you’ll like him more after this.
- The good news: Your No. 16 Mizzou Women’s Hoops team jumped on Southwest Baptist out of the gates in their first exhibition, leading by 11 after one quarter and cruising, 77-55. In their first semi-official games in more than a season, both Jordan Frericks (13 points and six rebounds in 21 minutes) and Lauren Aldridge (nine points on 3-for-4 3-point shooting) looked good.
- The bad news: Sophie Cunningham went down hard on her wrist and will have X-rays today. Fingers crossed, fingers crossed, fingers crossed. Guh.
Here is the play #Mizzou guard Sophie Cunningham got hurt on. She was tripped and fell on her right wrist and came back to the bench with an ice pack in the second half. Robin Pingeton says she will get X-Rays tomorrow.— Tyler Murry (@TylerMurry_) November 3, 2017
Web: https://t.co/setyGTqg6E pic.twitter.com/xYZlAXLE4u
- Cuonzo Martin is looking for floor leadership and is happy to share his stories for a mentoring group.
- Looks like Chris Gervino is your full-time Gary Link replacement. He’ll be the color commentator for this Mizzou Hoops season.
- Mizzou Wrestling had its media day gathering on Thursday. Here’s a cool Trib story on Brian Smith, and here’s some video:
- Mizzou Gymnastics will be on national television four times in 2018 — three meets, plus the SEC Championships.
- Weekly Mizzou Volleyball hype video? Okay!