The real games begin again tonight for Mizzou Hoops when Stephen F. Austin comes to town (8:00 p.m. CT, ESPNU).
Yes, the Lumberjacks are only 138th in the country per KenPom, and yes, Mizzou is projected to have an 85 percent chance of victory. But SFA is already 1-1 in the SEC and forces turnovers more frequently than any team in the country (and Mizzou commits them at a high rate itself).
This should be an excellent test.
Oh yeah, and per MUtigers.com, it’s Teddy Bear Toss night.
On top of bringing excitement and holiday spirit to Zouville, fans are encouraged to bring a new teddy bear or other stuffed animal that will be part of the Inaugural Teddy Bear Toss at Mizzou Arena. At the start of halftime, those in attendance will be asked to toss their stuffed toy onto the court. All toys will be donated to the children at the MU Women's & Children's Hospital this holiday season.
More Hoops Links:
- SFA’s head coach has quite the back story.
- Jordan Barnett may not like to think too much about last year, but last year’s roster holdovers have certainly had a large role in shaping this year’s success.
- [let’s loose a guttural wolf cry]
- Here’s a nice Missourian profile on Mizzou tackle Paul Adams.
- We know the process by now. Tulane running back commit Simi Bakare visited Mizzou last weekend and de-committed from the Green Wave last night.
I️ am De-committing from Tulane University... pic.twitter.com/wxusF9wwRu— Simi Bakare (@simirollin) December 19, 2017
Guessing we know what happens next (besides Bakare charging his phone).
- Meanwhile, we’re probably about to see the same process in reverse: Mizzou cornerback commit Vincent Gray of Rochester, Mich., just got an offer from the home-state Wolverines. Welp.
Very thankful to have received an offer from the University of Michigan #GoBlue pic.twitter.com/8mifO9pdfo— Vincent Gray (@VinceGray_) December 18, 2017
- Jatorian Hansford talked about his Mizzou commitment with PowerMizzou. (If you’re interested in Barry Odom’s thoughts on early signing day, by the way, PM’s got you covered there, too.)
My Son Markus Golden.Will be honored today— Rhonda Golden (@rgolden222) December 17, 2017
THE DELUX POWER 100 celebrates the city’s 100 most inspiring and influential leaders and professionals of our generation.DELUX recognizes those who lead, inspire, innovate and demonstrate through their individual talents, in St. Louis. pic.twitter.com/QeyYJFwWMk
- 11 straight for Mizzou Women’s Hoops. The No. 16 Tigers finished the West Palm Invite with a second win in as many days, trouncing Xavier by a 74-48 margin. They led by 12 at half, then put the game away with a 19-3 run.
- Congrats, graduates.
- Mizzou Volleyball finished the season 20th in the AVCA poll.
- No Sunday PAPNs to share anymore since the regular season’s over, but if you’re interested, I did Andy Staples’ podcast on Sunday. Had a lot of fun.
New Place At The Table episode! @SBN_BillC joins to break down the playoff. We also try to create a better college football box score. https://t.co/BdignTUAaM pic.twitter.com/Uk6iKSfxtQ— Andy Staples (@Andy_Staples) December 18, 2017