Short week! Welcome back from the Christmas weekend ... there’s a bowl game in about 39 hours!
Mizzou landed in Houston at the beginning of the weekend and has been making the rounds in terms of both practice and bowl-related festivities.
- Children’s scavenger hunt!
- Rockets game!
- Uni reveal (spoiler: all blacks)!
- Guest appearances!
- HYPE VIDEO (soon)!
Texas and Missouri kick off at 8:00 p.m. CT tomorrow night on ESPN.
A win would bump the Tigers’ winning streak to seven games and make them the second team ever (after 2008 Rutgers) to go from 1-5 to 8-5. (Rutgers went 9-4 in 2009, by the way.)
Mizzou is also going for its fourth consecutive bowl win and its second straight win over Texas. Plenty to play for.
- “This is how we’re supposed to play. That’s literally what it was.”
- PowerMizzou recapped Mizzou’s early signing period and looked at the biggest names left on the board for February’s signing period.
- During an in-game interview during Braggin’ Rights, Michael Porter Jr. said that his back injury stemmed from damage suffered a couple of years ago. He hasn’t spoken with local media since October.
- Braggin’ Rights didn’t go Mizzou’s way, but it was still a split! The Mizzou women handled their damn business on Friday, smoking the Illini 72-55 for their twelfth straight win. Sophie Cunningham had 27 points and five assists — she’s averaging an obscene 25.3 points per game on 68% shooting over the last four games. Goodness.