The highlights are up already! Here’s Michael Porter Jr. in last night’s McDonald’s All American game.
PowerMizzou and the KC Star were both on the scene. Meanwhile, earlier this week Porter told the Post-Dispatch that, if his brother Jontay doesn’t end up reclassifying as a 2017 recruit, or if Mizzou doesn’t make the NCAA Tournament, then he might end up thinking about playing more than one year in Columbia. I highly doubt that comes to pass, but it’s a nice thought.
- FloHoops produced an MPJ documentary called Born to Play.
- The KC Star looked at Mizzou’s paltry history with McDonald’s All Americans. The Tigers have signed only seven of them, including transfers Albert White and Alex Oriakhi. They’ve been spaced out pretty nicely — since 1980, Missouri has played 19 seasons with one McD’s AA on the roster and 19 seasons without. Wins per year: 22.1 with, 19.7 without.
- PowerMizzou talked to both MPJ and fellow All-American Trae Young about their longtime friendship.
- Dating a Disney starlet ... friends with Steph Curry ... life is pretty tough for MPJ at the moment.
- Cuonzo Martin has been busy wrangling up 2017 recruits, but he’s also getting started on 2018. He recently offered four-star North Carolina wing Jairus Hamilton, and during the McDonald’s All American game, four-star in-stater Torrence Watson tweeted that he had an offer.
Just received an offer from Mizzou ‼️ #MIZ— Torrence Watson (@TorrenceWatson) March 29, 2017
- Mizzou Softball begins a 10-game home stand with a visit from No. 9 Alabama. The first game is Friday at 6:30 pm CT, weather permitting (and the weather has not been permitting much of anything this week).
- The definition of a busy weekend: Mizzou Track & Field is participating in the Texas Relays in College Station, the Bobcat Invitational in San Marcos, the Stanford Invitational in Palo Alto, and the San Francisco State Distance Carnival in San Francisco ... all this weekend. Logistics porn!
- Chase Daniel + New Orleans = Super Bowl. At least, that’s the way it worked last time.
I’m coming back home to the @Saints family!! #whodat pic.twitter.com/mfKNeWuUkG— Chase Daniel (@ChaseDaniel) March 30, 2017
- Congrats to the Morses.
- So this is pretty harrowing: Former Mizzou baseball player and assistant Tony Vitello (thought by many to be a serious candidate for the job that went to Steve Bieser last summer) opened up about the accident his father and sister were in over the weekend in Columbia. Really scary.
- New Podcast Ain’t Played Nobody! No Mizzou talk, but we did go into detail on Las Vegas, South Carolina in the ACC, and Texas in the 2000s. So there’s that.