And suddenly, thanks to a couple pieces of news, we can piece together a good amount of Missouri’s 2017-18 men’s basketball schedule. First, Mizzou confirmed a home-and-home with UCF.
Mizzou Men's Basketball will head to Orlando for the first matchup in program history against UCF, scheduled to be played Nov. 30 at CFE Arena. The home-and-home series brings a return game to Mizzou Arena for the 2018-19 season on a to-be-announced date. [...]
Playing in the 2017 AdvoCare Invitational from Nov. 23-26 alongside the Knights, the Tigers are also in the tournament field with Long Beach State, Marist, Nebraska, Oregon State, St. John's and West Virginia. Mizzou and UCF will meet up for the Nov. 30 game as a fourth exempted, non-bracketed game out of the AdvoCare Invitational field.
Announced 2017-18 Mizzou Men's Basketball Game Dates
* Iowa State - Friday, Nov. 10 (Mizzou Arena)
* vs. AdvoCare Invitational - Thursday, Nov. 23 (Orlando, Fla.)
* vs. AdvoCare Invitational - Friday, Nov. 24 (Orlando, Fla.)
* vs. AdvoCare Invitational - Sunday, Nov. 26 (Orlando, Fla.)
* at UCF - Thursday, Nov. 30 (Orlando, Fla.)
Later on Thursday, the SEC also revealed each team’s conference slate. No dates yet, but we know who Mizzou is playing.
@SEC opponents for 2018!— Mizzou Basketball (@MizzouHoops) June 1, 2017
[https://t.co/L7xkAKRASm] #MIZ #ShowMe pic.twitter.com/Ot9oRpZAq1
The key points of interest there:
- Mizzou plays Kentucky twice. And if you’re going to play UK twice, it might as well be when you’ve got Michael Porter Jr. in uniform.
- Mizzou doesn’t play at Tennessee. That’s noteworthy because chances are pretty good that former Vols coach Cuonzo Martin won’t get the most pleasant of welcomes when Missouri returns. That will have to wait until 2019, evidently.
So now we (mostly) know 24 of Mizzou’s 30 or 31 regular season games.
- Home: Arkansas, Auburn, Florida, Georgia, Iowa State, Kentucky, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, Tennessee, Texas A&M
- Road: Alabama, Arkansas, Kentucky, LSU, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, South Carolina, Texas A&M, UCF, Vanderbilt
- Neutral: Illinois, three teams from an AdvoCare Invitational pool of Long Beach State, Marist, Nebraska, Oregon State, St. John's and West Virginia.
Mizzou typically plays approximately seven home games per year against lesser mid-major competition, so add that to the mix, and the slate is about set.
The #Mizzou game at UCF is on Nov 30, 2017. That is 1387 days after the Tigers' last true road win, 35 road games ago at Arkansas 2/13/14— Gabe DeArmond (@GabeDeArmond) June 1, 2017
Guh. Thanks for that, Gabe.