On Wednesday it was Missouri’s opportunity to take the stage at SEC Media Days, and BOY, ARE THERE A LOT OF LINKS! Let’s get started.
- Dave Matter: Odom makes Media Days encore
- more from Matter: Eric Beisel stirs the pot with Arkansas... again
- and from Dave Matter: Drops have made J’Mon Moore focused
- Blair Kerkhoff: Beisel’s personality, Odom’s honest help Mizzou shine
- Tod Palmer: Beisel stirs the pot with Kansas
- more from Tod: Moore eager to build off 2016, join elite ranks
- Gabe DeArmond: Odom takes experience into year 2
- VIDEO: Barry Odom
- VIDEO: Moore, Beisel, Lock
- Gabe makes picks for each game, SPOILER: he has them bowl bound
- Ethan Triebsch: Mizzou ready to prove itself all over again
- HE’S ON TV, YOU GUYS! Seriously though, great job by Ethan with his coverage. If you haven’t read everything yet, read it and follow him on twitter. He’s been killing it and he only has 329 followers? What is wrong with you people?!
A few thoughts of my own:
- Beisel clearly stole the show, mainly because he’s incredibly quote worthy and embraces everything that is great about sports. He’s a trash talker and clearly stoked fires in Arkansas. My advice to Arkansas fans who are upset with Beisel: Get a different hobby. His ability to clearly have fun with what is mostly a mild rivalry and talk a little smack is fun. Have fun with it, in fact, I’d encourage an Arkansas player to step up and reciprocate. We need more of this silliness in College sports.
- J’Mon Moore is an impressive young man, he’s thoughtful and engaging and clearly loves his school and his experience. If he’s also able to break out with his performance this season you could not ask for a better representative for the University than Moore.
- As boring and full of coach speak as Barry Odom is he’s clearly a different guy than he was last year. Stability at the top certainly has to help, but there’s still a long season in front of him to show if he’s got what it takes to right the ship.
- Also, this would be fine:
You may recall our own David Morrison did a series comparing Mizzou and Clemson:
Speaking of him, David’s back from vacation and will have diving into Missouri’s latest depth chart, expect that up later today.
- ** E X C I T E D **
- In Greek this says Marcus Denmon agreed to a contract to play for one of the top teams in Europe, seriously look at this home crowd:
So the next time someone says ‘X’ team has the best home court advantage... if they don’t have things on fire there, they’re lying to you.
- Jontay Porter threw a nice pass on the last possession but MoKan came up short in their Peach Jam opener:
Cooper Kaifes comes up short at the buzzer, Howard Pulley escapes with a 56-55 win. pic.twitter.com/WJKdIrBhCO— D1 Circuit (@D1Circuit) July 13, 2017
If MoKan makes an early exit from Peach Jam it could mean we’ll hear something soon from Jontay on reclassification.