Welp, suspended Mizzou defensive end Nate Howard can’t really get out of his own way right now. He was arrested on Monday night for failure to appear in court for a speeding ticket.
Howard, currently suspended from the team and off the Tigers’ 105-man roster, had an arraignment scheduled for last Thursday in Montgomery County Circuit Court for a misdemeanor speeding ticket filed March 28. Howard didn’t pay the ticket for $121 or appear in court to contest the charge, according to online court records. A warrant was issued for his arrest.
Howard was detained during a traffic stop Monday when MU police discovered the warrant, MUPD Lt. Buddy Anliker said in an email. Howard pleaded guilty to the speeding ticket Tuesday.
Howard’s spot on the roster was tenuous (and sort of nonexistent) anyway as he awaited trial for drug charges. We don’t know if Barry Odom will apply the same sort of hard-and-fast “three strikes and you’re out” policy that Gary Pinkel did, but let’s just say that the odds of Howard playing for Mizzou in 2017 (or ever again) just went from small to smaller.
- The Missourian: Abeln, Beisel share bond from time with Team USA
- Want a cool video about Terry Beckner Jr. and his recovery from Knee Injury No. 2? Thought so.
- Michael Porter Jr. might no longer be the top-ranked 2017 recruit? PSSH. #NotMyNumber1
- Hello, C.J. Roberts.
- PowerMizzou caught up with Messiah Swinson, Mizzou’s primary tight end target, talked to receiver commit Kam Scott’s coach, and took a look at the film of safety commit Tyrus Wheat.
- Sarica! Mizzou’s 2017 soccer fortunes will be defined quite a bit by a pair of awesome forwards, who are giving head coach Bryan Blitz an unbalanced feeling — he’s usually far more comfortable with the back of the lineup, not the front.
- Mizzou Volleyball is gearing up to defend its SEC title.
- It’s been known for a while who Mizzou Baseball’s new assistant would be (Fred Corral), but yesterday Mizzou officially welcomed Corral to the team.
- NEW PAPN! Godfrey and I talked about Auburn, LSU, cord cutting, QB draft prospects (including one mister Drew Lock), and ... whispering sweet, sweet nothings to spreadsheets.