When in the course of human events your team loses a football game, it becomes necessary for one people to become hype. We hold these truths to be self-evident, that Missouri has a chance to bounce back on Saturday, and that Tiger fans are endowed by Mizzou Athletics with this hype video.
Big game on Saturday, huh? Some end-of-the-week football links for your perusal.
- Post-Dispatch: Brohm brings potent Purdue offense to Mizzou
- The Trib: Thomas Wilson’s presence helped shore up Missouri’s defense
- The Missourian: Five things to watch for as Missouri looks to bounce back against Purdue
- PowerMizzou: Football Recruiting Rewind: September 14
And evidently Mizzou was in quite the video mood yesterday.
- If you follow Dave Matter on Twitter or Facebook, you’ve heard about the Gary Pinkel autobiography he co-authored. It is released today. We were not authored an advance copy or anything, but Pinkel has some pretty big stories to tell, and Matter is a good writer, so I’m guessing it’s pretty good.
- It’s Commodore Classic time for Mizzou Cross Country. It’s also Karissa Schweizer time — the defending national champion makes her season debut for the No. 14 women’s team.
- Mizzou Soccer opens SEC play tonight with a visit from Georgia. The Dawgs are 4-3-1 with wins over High Point, Charlotte, Lipscomb, and Coastal Carolina, a draw against Samford, and losses to every power conference team they’ve played — Wake Forest, Virginia Tech, and Clemson. Then, on Sunday, another non-conference game, this time against Albany.
- Mizzou Volleyball is in a transition year after last year’s SEC title, but things would be worse without senior Sydney Deeken.
- One of my Study Hallers took a look at when you should go for it on fourth down and when you should kick it. The answer wasn’t quite what he expected.