We’re mere minutes away from Missouri Men’s Basketball’s biggest test of the conference season yet. A home game against the up-start Tennessee Volunteers and OMG THEY’RE GIVING AWAY SPACE JAM THEMED POSTERS!!!
Arrive early at #Mizzou Arena tomorrow night to grab one of these! Gates open at 6:30 p.m. Posters for the first 1,500 fans.— Mizzou Basketball (@MizzouHoops) January 16, 2018
https://t.co/uguTwmyLlw #MIZ pic.twitter.com/r3V9QvBQY7
So the Vols weren’t supposed to be good, if you listened to the preseason prognosticators. I wasn’t convinced they’d be this good, but I thought they’d be better than people expected. I certainly thought losing Robert Hubbs would cause them to struggle some in late game situations, but they’d be good enough to be in most if not all of their games.
But even what I considered reasonable goals for UT hasn’t been the case. They have the SEC’s best tournament resume right now with wins over Purdue, Kentucky and Texas A&M and narrow losses to Villanova and North Carolina. They’ve also lost conference games to Arkansas in overtime and the surprising Auburn Tigers at home. Coming in at 12-4 and currently sitting at 13 in KenPom this should be a tough task for the Tigers.
Here’s the KenPom preview:
Keep an eye on Grant Williams and Admiral Schofield for the Vols. Both are having All-SEC level seasons and force all kinds of matchup problems when they’re on the floor.
Game Day. Game Day. Game Day. Game Day. Get up for #TigerJam.— Mizzou Basketball (@MizzouHoops) January 17, 2018
8 PM CT
https://t.co/uguTwmyLlw #MIZ pic.twitter.com/cVityOxMNn
- ICYMI: A lot of people were wrong about Tennessee in the preseason
- The Watch: Is it time to worry about Texas A&M?
- Three Thoughts: Mizzou post Arkansas
- Study Hall: Arkansas 65, Missouri 63
- PODCAST: Dive Cuts, Episode 16
Opponent: Tennessee Volunteers (12-4)
Time: 8:00 p.m. CT
Where: Mizzou Arena, Columbia, MO
IS MIZZOU RECEIVING TOP 25 VOTES? No
WHAT DOES VEGAS SAY? MIZZ -2, O/U 141
WHAT DOES KenPom SAY? Tennessee 51%, 72-71
WHERE TO WATCH/LISTEN:
- TV: SEC Network, Mike Morgan, Pat Bradley
- Radio: Tiger Radio Network // Sirius/XM -119/199
Facebook: Mizzou Men’s Basketball
Live Stats: StatBroadcast
- UT is top 40 in forcing TOs, Mizzou’s TO% over/under: 15.5
- Who shoots a higher 3FG% tonight? (Avg: Mizzou 40.9%, UT 39.0%)
- What’s the final line for Phillips/Geist? Pts, Assists, Rbds, TOs, Min
- (not a question but...) Predict the score!
- Who is your trifecta?