Hey! Look at these sweet new basketball threads!
You know what the best antidote is to a third straight loss for Missouri football? Some sick new duds to get you hyped for basketball season.
Sam — site manager and resident fashion expert — is very excited.
Seriously, I love the clean look of the new uniforms and I like going to a more traditional black and away from the anthracite. Anthracite was fun and exciting at the time, but at this point doesn’t it feel like it just got overdone with virtually very team in the country having some version of a gray uniform?
I’m with him, and it’s hard to imagine how anyone could make a compelling case to be against these. I’ve made it clear before how pro-piping I am, and the columns on the waist are a really nice touch. I’d love to see a gold version of these — BUT may I suggest we do another throwback night at some point?
Report cards are in!
- Alex Schiffer was pretty kind to the team as a whole — that is, unless you’re counting the offense. He also included a tidbit from Drew Lock’s post-game comments that gave me pause:
At least three of Lock’s interceptions this season have come on throws he never should have made. Lock said after Saturday’s game that he needs to learn when to just throw the ball away. That needs to start Saturday.
Is it not slightly concerning that he doesn’t know that already? Anyone? Anyway, if you’re looking for more reasons for optimism, Schiffer listed a few in a different piece.
- Mitchel Forde was a little more critical of the whole team, but had nice things to say about some of the position groups on defense. Per usual, PowerMizzou also listed the Pro Football Focus grades for the game ($$).
- Mizzou Volleyball is on some kind of hot streak right now
The Fighting Kreklows never cease to amaze me. If there’s a picture of consistency in Mizzou Athletics its wrestling and volleyball.
- ESPN’s “Best of” feature is full of goodies this week, including a truly majestic performance from Iowa State
Just when you thought the music of John Williams couldn’t get any better.— Brad Galli (@BradGalli) October 14, 2018
Presenting: Jurassic Park theme by the Iowa State band AND dancing, inflatable dinosaur people. pic.twitter.com/L6BhBog4qY
It’s... it’s so beautiful
- The latest bowl projections are in for Mizzou and...
247 Sports: Belk Bowl vs. Miami
CBS Sports: TaxSlayer Bowl vs. Michigan
ESPN: Belk Bowl vs. Miami; Liberty Bowl vs. Oklahoma State