Mizzou Football is sending Paul Adams and Kendall Blanton to an All Star game
I’m sure there will be more Mizzou Seniors accepting invitations to things in the coming days and weeks but it’s nice to see a couple unheralded but incredibly important cogs in the success of the Gridiron Tigers. So, kudos to Paul and Kendall.
Meanwhile we’re entering the full steam ahead season of recruiting where coaches try to hang onto all their commits, flip a few others, and set their team up for next season.
Let’s start with Kelly Bryant
Head Coach Barry Odom and Offensive Coordinator Derek Dooley spent Monday night with Clemson graduate transfer QB Kelly Bryant, as he prepares for his final visit to Auburn.
#Mizzou coach Barry Odom visited former Clemson QB Kelly Bryant yesterday, per a source. Bryant is supposed to announce his decision Dec. 4.— Alec Lewis (@alec_lewis) November 27, 2018
Right now Missouri has about the perfect pitch for Bryant. They return all of their top rushing threats, three of their offensive linemen, most of their pass catchers, and the bulk of a building and budding defense. Missouri football had something of a breakthrough this year but next year feels like it could be special in the right case. The one question mark is replacing Drew Lock.
Many think Auburn is the toughest competition for Bryant, because they’re... well... Auburn. In the mix as well is North Carolina, Arkansas, and Mississippi State.
Of all those teams the Tigers feel the most ready to make a move and they’ve got enough of a break in the schedule to pull it off. If they can land Bryant the outlook changes for next season to one you can reasonably expect Missouri to challenge Georgia for the SEC East.
Other recruiting notes:
The Tigers visited with 4-star Linebacker Jamie Pettway. He’s visiting Missouri this weekend and could be a potential commitment considering the fact that his other top choice is Louisville and the Cardinals don’t exactly have a head coach at the moment. He’s also got a visit scheduled to Georgia Tech who ALSO don’t have a head coach.
- Missouri assistant Joe Jon Finley visited a Louisville Tight End commitment in 3-star Floridian Sam Snyder. It seems all UofL commits are on the market and priorities right now.
- The Tigers are also checking in with former Arkansas WR Jonathan Nance, who could potentially replace Emanuel Hall in the lineup and join his high school teammate Richaud Floyd.
- Also picking up an offer is Butler OT grad transfer Tommy Kennedy.
Mizzou Football currently has 15 known commitments and are likely to sign a class of around 25.
Yesterday at Rock M
More Links & Notes:
- In honor of current Rock M Nation dynamo snap counter, and former Trib beat writer David C Morrison, the Mizzou scribes named Kevin Pendleton the winner of their “Award for Media Tolerance”. It’s kind of a big deal.
Chase Daniel could still be in line for another start for the #Bears. He’ll get more practice reps, but nothing else changes:— Mike Berman (@MikeBermanNBC) November 28, 2018
“I told you guys this last week, I’ll tell you it again — I prepare every single day like I’m the starter, whether I get the practice reps or not.”
- Volleyball takes on Arizona in the NCAA tournament tomorrow at 4:30pm.
- Both Mizzou men and women’s basketball are off until Sunday.