Mizzou hosts Mississippi State tomorrow afternoon at Mizzou Arena (1:00 p.m. CT, ESPN2), and it’s a generically important game in the way that every game is important when you’re fighting for an NCAA Tournament bid, and every game is important when you lost a game to the same team (one that has now won four games in a row) just a couple of weeks ago.
Less generically, it’s the most important game on the schedule.
For the third year in a row, Missouri will host a game benefiting the Loos family’s Rally for Rhyan charity. Proceeds will go to pediatric cancer research.
Loos figured support would dwindle a bit after the first Rally for Rhyan game, in 2016. He knows that “lives go on” and people have their own problems.
But then the second rendition of the game raised even more than the first, approximately $54,000. Together, the two games combined to bring in more than $100,000.
The past 2 years we’ve had the game while Rhyan was heavy into treatment. This year we will celebrate the game as she’s been cancer free for over a year. https://t.co/dU39dJrJPJ— RallyforRhyan (@RallyforRhyan) February 8, 2018
Want to support #RallyforRhyan but can’t make the game? No problem!— RallyforRhyan (@RallyforRhyan) February 8, 2018
Buy a shirt https://t.co/bNQMuQTGXj or at the Tiger Team Store
Grab dinner/drinks at any @ShakesPizza Sat night, but don’t forget to show the flyer!
If all else fails, https://t.co/7c46Qcb36z pic.twitter.com/0MfLyQ53mv
Yesterday at Rock M
- You’ve heard Sam, Matt, and company talk about 2019 Belleville (Ill.) blue-chipper E.J. Liddell before. The KC Star says he’s the key to unlocking all of St. Louis’ riches. (Does that work for football too?)
- Apparently there’s a chance that new grad transfer Khalil Oliver, who spoke to PowerMizzou about his decision last night, could be around more than one more year:
.@Deramus26 could have two years of eligibility left for @MizzouFootball if he gets approved for a medical redshirt. https://t.co/6gRQserFZq #idpreps @MizzouAthletics @RockMNation @MIZ_Recruiting @MizzouSports1 @MizzouSports @MizzouDaily— Michael Lycklama (@michaellycklama) February 8, 2018
- Here’s some video from last night’s Mizzou win over Kentucky.
- Updated wrestling rankings are out. Mizzou’s got six in the top 10 according both the NCAA and the RPI (and Jaydin Eierman is No. 1 at 141 pounds according to RPI, so obviously RPI is a better ranking).
The first set of @ncaawrestling RPI rankings were also released today.— #TigerStyle (@MizzouWrestling) February 9, 2018
7 Tigers ranked:
141 - Eierman, #1
149 - Leeth, #3
157 - Lavallee, #7
165 - Flynn, #19
174 - Lewis, #4
184 - Marriott, #9
197 - Miklus, #10#MIZ #TigerStyle
- Mizzou first baseman Kameron Misner, a freshman All-American last year, is preseason second-team all-SEC.
- Mizzou Gymnastics is Sticking it to Hunger against No. 3 LSU tonight at Hearnes.
- Mizzou Track & Field is off to both Fayetteville and Nashville this weekend.
- Mizzou Softball is still undefeated!
- Your 6-1 Mizzou Tennis squad hosts 3-2 Tulane and 0-4 South Dakota State on Saturday.
- Spring season begins for Mizzou Women’s Golf.