Everyone is antsy.
March has arrived, the Mizzou women are already playing in the SEC tournament and planning their trip the NCAAs, the Mizzou mens team has just one remaining regular season game tomorrow against Arkansas to help determine their post-season fate. And the question on everyone’s mind right now is if we’re going to get more than 2 minutes of Michael Porter Jr this season.
Things appear to be trending in the right direction:
“He’ll practice today and he’ll practice tomorrow,” Martin said before the Tigers held their Thursday practice. “And then we’ll go from there. It’ll really come down to how Mike feels. Then we’ll go from there.”
... “If he feels good from the standpoint of going through (practice),” Martin said. “You’re coming off back surgery and you’re really talking about his third practice (Thursday). We had a good one at Vanderbilt so that really helped us and probably helped him some. We’ll go from here.
”We just want to get the reps under his belt so he can be effective. He knows he’s not going to be at the (highest) level from a conditioning standpoint, but as long as he feels good, that’s the first thing. And then we go from there.”
For all the discussion, this appears to be up to Mike. If he’s ready, Cuonzo and the team are ready. But it’s easy to forget how few practices he’s had so far. If he plays Saturday he’ll have had a full three practices under his belt. So even if he’s ready and wants to play, it’s not like he’s stepping on the floor for 30 minutes. You let him get some short bursts and try to keep the blood flowing as much as possible.
But it appears the momentum is heading in a positive way for Mizzou fans to get to watch MPJ as a Tiger. It could be Saturday, everyone. Even Jeremy Maclin wants to see it.
Mizzou Arkansas game this weekend? i think so!!! #MIZ— Jeremy Maclin (@jmac___19) March 1, 2018
Yesterday at Rock M
- For a recap of the Mizzou ladies win read Tashan’s coverage... but it was their first win in the SEC Tournament, in case you missed all the coverage leading up to the game.
On to the quarterfinals!— Mizzou Basketball (@MizzouWBB) March 2, 2018
FINAL: #Mizzou 59, Ole Miss 50 pic.twitter.com/ABZ5fgKlnH
- Dave Matter’s Chat is always interesting, plenty on Porter and a rec for a Hybrid car.
- Mizzou Network always is always putting together nice feature videos, their latest is on future Nature Conservationist and current Mizzou big man Reed Nikko:
SPOTLIGHT: See how @MizzouHoops big man Reed Nikko unwinds by connecting with nature. pic.twitter.com/CplPaDVxVs— Mizzou Network (@MizzouNetwork) March 1, 2018
- Profile on Adam ‘The Wolfman’ Wolf? I’m down.
- It’s a big sports weekend coming up. Starting with baseball, softball, tennis, and gymnastics all taking action tonight. I’m sure we’ll have wrap up coverage when Bill gets back. But good luck to all!