You can cross one name off of the Grad Transfer Candidates list...
Evansville transfer Ryan Taylor has committed to Northwestern, sources told ESPN. Huge pickup for Chris Collins.— Jeff Goodman (@GoodmanESPN) April 9, 2018
...and add another.
South Dakota grad transfer Matt Mooney tells me that the #Mizzou staff has been in contact with him. Averaged 18.7 points, 4.1 rebounds, 3.1 assists per game last season. Creighton, Oregon, TCU, Indiana, Northwestern and Texas Tech all visited him this weekend.— Keegan Pope (@ByKeeganPope) April 9, 2018
Our Matt Harris will have more on Mooney (and many others) soon, but here are some Mooney Basics:
- He’s “not for sure leaving” South Dakota (but with this impressive a list of suitors, one would be surprised if he didn’t at this point). He announced that he would weigh his options after USD head coach Craig Smith got plucked away by Utah State.
I have been give my release from South Dakota. I am not for sure leaving USD, but I will be exploring my options as a grad transfer.— Matt Mooney (@MoonSwag13) April 5, 2018
- A 6’3 guard from Wauconda, Ill. (yes, Wauconda), his career began at Air Force, but he transferred after his first year. You can read more about that here.
- He averaged 18.7 points per game for a pretty dang good Coyotes team. He averaged 18.6 PPG last season and earned all-conference honors both years.
- He ranked in the nation’s top 500 in % of team shots taken when on the court (39th), steal% (50th, and without committing many fouls), % of possessions used (71st), FT% (216th), % of team minutes on the court (391st), and assist rate (414th). He’s a high-usage dude, but he shoots well enough to remain pretty efficient.
Pretty good player. Mizzou will evidently have some stiff competition for him, though.
In other news, here’s one potential late contender you can cross off of Courtney Ramey’s list:
Chris Mack says Louisville is looking for some help in the backcourt via graduate transfers. Just ruled out Louisville's two former Class of 2018 commitments, Anfernee Simons and Courtney Ramey, saying he can say them by name because they're not actively recruiting them.— Jeff Greer (@jeffgreer_cj) April 9, 2018
Yesterday at Rock M
- The Mizzou offensive line is facing higher expectations than in recent years.
- Well here’s a pretty big game for you: No. 24 Mizzou Baseball takes on Missouri State in Springfield this evening at 6:30 p.m. CT. It’s going to be unseasonably cold, of course, but the conditions should be good enough to play.
- Michael Plassmeyer: SEC Co-Pitcher of the Week.
- Oh. Okay. #MizzouMade
@Max_Scherzer just stole 2nd base! pic.twitter.com/Pa24t5K67v— MLB (@MLB) April 10, 2018
In 2 hrs 22 mins: Max Scherzer threw his 9th complete-game shut out, the losing streak is over andddd he stole his first career base. #Nationals— Sherree Burruss (@SherreeBurruss) April 10, 2018
Possession is 9/10 of the law. pic.twitter.com/2f3plaRsau— Washington Nationals (@Nationals) April 10, 2018
- Norm Stewart was award what is probably his 1,435th lifetime achievement award last night, though he was recovering from a recent illness and couldn’t attend.
Congratulations to the legend Norm Stewart on receiving a Lifetime Achievement Award from the @USBWA #MIZ pic.twitter.com/76FGGaQTvu— Mizzou Basketball (@MizzouHoops) April 10, 2018
Had a great time down in Missouri for my visit yesterday. Thank you guys for making me feel at home! ⚠️⚫️ #ShowMe19 pic.twitter.com/FULMezb6sD— Jamie Nance (@JN3_era) April 8, 2018
- The latest view from the press box.
Great looking at the #SEZproject as we keep digging! #MIZ pic.twitter.com/9mhANRaCrW— Mark Ouimet (@MarkFB_DFO) April 10, 2018
- Mizzou Softball remains an RPI darling. If the Tigers can stay a couple of games over .500 (which will be increasingly difficult to pull off), they could actually sneak into the NCAA Tournament. Or at the very least, they can keep that goal on the table for a while longer.
#Mizzou slotted 23rd in this week's NCAA RPI.— Mizzou Softball (@MizzouSoftball) April 9, 2018
The Tigers' win at No. 5 Georgia last Saturday was their first over a top 5 nationally ranked foe since May 3, 2015 (vs. No. 1 Florida).
This year, Mizzou possesses:
4⃣ top 25 RPI wins
top 50 RPI wins#ShowMe pic.twitter.com/oFAspFkTu6
- Cruddy weather delayed the start of the Tiger Invitational (SHOCKING), but Mizzou leads all the same. Hayden Buckley’s a bad man on his home course.
HIGHLIGHTS: @MizzouMensGolf leads after the competition in the first day of the Tiger Invitational! Check out the best of the day, including a #SCTop10Play Nominee! pic.twitter.com/drX0BcFst6— Mizzou Network (@MizzouNetwork) April 10, 2018
- Well I would hope that going to law school while kicking but in basketball would get you an excellence award of some sort...
Congratulations to our own @LaurenAldridge3, who received a @Mizzou Chancellor’s Excellence Award for Graduate Student Leadership! #MIZ #OurTownOurTeam pic.twitter.com/i53mXZUnkk— Mizzou Basketball (@MizzouWBB) April 9, 2018