You know what I really hadn’t thought about regarding Mizzou’s 2018 football season? How Mizzou was going to enter the field before home games.
The answer: temporary tunnels!
130 days until @MizzouFootball runs through our temporary tunnels at the job site for Game 1! #SEC #Football #ShowMe pic.twitter.com/iamuYcu6Ai— Mortenson Sports (@MortensonSports) April 24, 2018
MUtigers.com has an update on both what’s next and what’s complete. Here’s the latter:
* Demo catwalk structure, and proceeded to sort and haul off material.
Mass Excavation of West Hill
* Continue to break rock and haul off.
* Video record line AA.
* Complete Sewer Connections at Manhole EX9 and AA6.
* Start setting from AA6 to CC line.
* Set Structure B1 and set line from EX1 to B1.
* Start setting 72” reinforced cast pipe from B1 to B2. Start mass excavation for box culvert.
* Prepare area for temp chiller and set temp chiller.
And here’s what the construction cam had to show last night.
Meanwhile, [awkward transition coming], other things appear to be under construction at the moment. Namely, Mizzou’s reputation. Here’s Nu-Nu Washington, father of blue-chip St. Louis receiver Marcus Washington, on his perceptions and recent impressions of Mizzou.
My very first impression of Mizzou was that its a racist place that dont like STL kids. Then I met Will AJ and Barry for myself and we talked about everything under the sun. Now I see em in a totally different light and believe they especially Will would do right by my son— Nu-Nu Washington (@NuNuWashington1) April 24, 2018
The Will in question: former Tiger receiver Will Franklin, Mizzou’s coordinator of football player engagement and development. He’s evidently a) got a tough job and b) doing it pretty well.
[ANOTHER awkward transition coming] Here’s another guy we hope will do his job pretty well this fall: Derek Dooley.
"I think all signs point to greatness. One is he had a tremendous amount of experience. For the offense I think Drew has a ton of confidence in him and his play calling. The staff is meshing and they really like each other." - Jim Sterk on new #Mizzou OC Derek Dooley.— Bernie Miklasz Show (@BernieShow) April 24, 2018
Sterk also had some good, if not amazingly good, news: ticket sales are up. A hair.
Jim Sterk tells @BernieShow that #Mizzou is up 700 new season ticket holders for this football season.— Brandon Kiley (@BKSportsTalk) April 24, 2018
- SWEEEEEEP. Mizzou stomped Missouri State, 8-2, last night in Columbia. And in front of 2,331, no less. A season high for a mid-week game. Ryan Herrera will have more, but the Tigers are now 28-13 on the season and have crushed their mid-week slate.
- PowerMizzou just started a Where Are They Now? series, and the first subject was Rock M Nation’s first favorite player.
- Another Where Are They Now? of sorts: Michael Scherer thinks he could land on a pro roster this year.
- Rocket Watts is a 2019 recruiting priority. He talked to the KC Star about the latest in his recruitment.
- Well I guess this was pretty predictable — 2020 blue-chipper Josh Christopher, cousin of Nicodemus, got his Mizzou offer. And he even found a picture of his cousin to announce it with.
Happy to say I’ve received a Scholarship Offer from the Missouri Tigers!! #MIZ pic.twitter.com/5L0rxQuqpJ— Josh(ua) Christopher (@Jaygup23) April 25, 2018
- Mizzou Softball’s got no margin for error and probably needs four non-conference games between now and next weekend’s series against Florida to keep NCAA Tournament hopes alive. First up: a double-header at Western Illinois this afternoon.
- Also starting today: Mizzou Men’s Golf’s stay in the SEC Tournament.
- Hey there, Robin Pingeton. What did you think about he 2017-18 season?
- You know what you were missing in your life? ROARS Red Carpet footage!