Happy Hoops Hodgepodge Friday!
1. The Bulls were in town recently.
Source tells me the Chicago Bulls had a representative in Columbia today for a campus visit regarding Michael and Jontay Porter. That’s pretty standard for NBA teams to do during the evaluation process.— Alex Schiffer (@TheSchiffMan) May 3, 2018
2. The Missourian talked to Rickey Paulding about Quin Snyder’s exploits.
In four years, he’s amassed a 177-151 record and two playoff appearances as an NBA head coach. It’s been a bumpy road, but Paulding preferred the term “awesome.”
“It’s been fun to watch (his success),” Paulding said. “I’ve always known he was a great coach, and as I’ve gotten older and played for different coaches, you realize how good he really was. So, I’m not surprised.
“And I’m happy for him.”
Man, Quin Snyder looks old in the AP photo at that link. Like he’s over 50 or something. But ... he’s still got some Quin in him!
And I can’t type the words “Rickey Paulding” without wanting to watch him dunk a basketball.
And from more recently...
Along the same lines of reminiscing, the KC Star spoke with Keyon Dooling about one-time Snyder protege, and new Suns head coach, Igor Kokoskov’s. DOOLING DUNK TIME.
And of course...
3. Here’s to Mizzou legacy Mario McKinney a Tiger
The KC Star spoke to the 2019 blue-chipper.
Yesterday at Rock M
- Mizzou assistant Andy Hill is all sorts of excited about J’Mon Moore getting a chance to catch balls from Aaron Rodgers.
- Gonna be a lot of NFL draft hype in Columbia over the next 11.5 months or so.
“If you want to isolate one guy who the NFL is already looking at and who they have a high opinion of for next year, it’s Drew Lock.” @MelKiperESPN has high praise for #Mizzou Senior QB @DrewLock23 ahead of the 2018 season. #MIZ #ShowMe pic.twitter.com/QhFGRJG6xo— Mizzou Football (@MizzouFootball) May 3, 2018
- Mizzou Baseball’s sudden pitching woes continued last night in the first game of a home series against No. 20 Georgia. The Dawgs scored five runs in the fifth to turn a 4-3 Mizzou lead into a comfortable 8-4 advantage, then cruised home to a 10-6 win.
RECAP | #Mizzou Drops Series Opener to #20 Georgia, 10-6— #MizzouBaseball (@MizzouBaseball) May 4, 2018
https://t.co/j9klNJAU05#MIZ #C2E ⚾️ pic.twitter.com/SnvVRgtwi5
- A scary moment took place in the Mizzou-Georgia game, when Mizzou’s Cade Bormet ended up sliding head-first into the wall in right field. He was taken off on a stretcher but will evidently be okay.
- At some point, we might need to have a Karissa Schweizer vs. J’den Cox vs. Ben Askren conversation as it pertains to Mizzou’s Greatest.
- Two more roster members for Team #TigerStyle.
- Wait, another incoming transfer for Mizzou Volleyball?
- Mizzou Women’s Hoops just landed a commit from top-75 2018 post Brittany Garner, of Philadelphia. You can read more about her here, and there’s a two-year old highlight video of her below.
Congratulations to #StarsElite 2018 6'4 P @brittany3312 on her commitment to @MizzouWBB and @CoachPingeton !!!@SEC Bound! #NoLimits #StarsPride #StarsProspects #StarsFamily #StarPower #StarsProducts pic.twitter.com/Sv4FDpsKCY— PF STARS ELITE (@ThePFStars) May 3, 2018