Mizzou might not have any basketball scholarships remaining for 2018-19, but Cuonzo Martin just added another piece all the same: three-star forward Parker Braun. PowerMizzou broke the story early yesterday.
Braun has committed to Missouri as a preferred walk-on for 2018. Braun’s mother, Lisa Sandbothe, is a former Miss Show-Me basketball winner and played for the Tigers from 1988-91. Lori and Mike Sandbothe, Braun’s aunt and uncle also played hoops for the Tigers.
“We were really surprised. He had a lot of great offers.” Lisa Braun said. “He is a family oriented guy and didn’t want to be far from home. He’s like ‘I want to go to Missouri.’”
The decision came after visits to Illinois and Nebraska and interest from Vanderbilt and Ohio State. Missouri has told Braun he will go on scholarship after one year as a walk on.
Family ties pay off for once! Braun’s a lanky dude — 6’8, 205 pounds, and he might not be done growing yet — who seems to have quite a few post moves and good touch from outside. I mean, Mizzou just basically landed a 14th scholarship-caliber player because of the Sandbothe name. That rules. And he might not necessarily redshirt this season.
Yesterday at Rock M
- Uggggggggggggh, Mizzou’s Week 1 FCS game is again in the middle of the afternoon. Hot, hot, hot.
- OH HELL YES.
- PowerMizzou talked to Mizzou golfer Hayden Buckley about his tremendous senior season ... and disappointing finish.
- Well, Tremaine Isabell might be returning to Missouri. The state of Missouri, anyway.
Drexel grad transfer Tramaine Isabell tells me he has cut his list to Xavier, Boston College, and Saint Louis. Immediately eligible. Averaged 21.0 PPG.— Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) May 31, 2018
- Insert all the heart emojis here:
- Mizzou Volleyball will be playing tournaments at James Madison and Towson and in San Juan this fall. Not a bad life.
- New PAPN! We talked about Godfrey’s Ole Miss/NCAA project, lots of Pac-12 stuff, and ... Saban vs. LeBron. And Wisconsin.