A Kansas-Missouri alumni basketball game for charity, entitled “Rivalry Renewed,” will be contested on Saturday, July 28, at Silverstein Eye Centers Arena in Independence, former Missouri Tigers player and game organizer Kareem Rush said Friday.
The game, set for a 7:30 p.m. tipoff, will benefit Rush’s “Rush Forward Foundation” and the Boys and Girls Club.
This is pretty cool. I know there have been similar ideas in the past, and I’m glad this came to fruition. But I already know what you’re going to ask, so here:
Former KU wing Brandon Rush said at Thursday’s Rock Chalk Roundball Classic he was involved in getting some Jayhawks to play in the game. Kareem said the list of Jayhawks who are slated to play include his brother Brandon, plus Cole Aldrich, Darrell Arthur, Mario Chalmers, Drew Gooden, Brady Morningstar and Travis Releford. There’s a possibility of landing Nick Collison, Ben McLemore, Marcus and Markieff Morris and others, Kareem said.
Former Mizzou players slated to play include Marcus Denmon, Michael Dixon, Keyon Dooling, Kim English, Clarence Gilbert and Ricky Paulding. There’s a chance of landing Travon Bryant, Arthur Johnson and others, Kareem said.
Man, I didn’t realize just how much I wanted to see Arthur Johnson in a Mizzou uniform again until just now. This absolutely, positively must happen.
(Going to ignore Michael Dixon’s name for now. This is a feel-good moment.)
This weekend at Rock M
- Signing Michael Porter Jr. meant $$$$$$$$$$ for Mizzou.
- The new south end zone seating (starting in 2019) will mean a little more $$$$$$.
- Wow, so Mizzou defensive end Tre Williams broke into the rotation at defensive end last year by taking matters into his own hands and basically subbing himself onto the field, then immediately making a play. That was ...
incredibly stupidballsy. We’ll go with ballsy.
- Kimbia Athletics, a company that helps with training and promotion for distance runners, has signed one Ms. Karissa Schweizer. Boom. Here’s her final race one last time, by the way:
- Pretty cool Father’s Day piece from PowerMizzou, focusing on Barry Odom and Cuonzo Martin.
- It was a busy recruiting weekend for Mizzou Women’s Hoops recruiting. First, Robin Pingeton landed Micah Linthacum, a three-star post from Jeff City. Then, the Tigers mad the cut list for Aijha Blackwell, daughter of former Mizzou running back Ernest Blackwell.
Mizzou fans get her here ‼️ her father Ernest Blackwell played running back for the Zou back in the day the Zou in her top 12 let’s get it to top 1 love you A congrats ❤️ @CoachPingeton https://t.co/667QuGhDyK— Jack Buford (@jackjack2k19) June 17, 2018
- With a coaching change come transfers. Mizzou Softball suffered a couple of pretty big ones this weekend: Rylee Pierce is heading to Arizona, and Braxton Burnside is off to Arkansas.
- Uh. Okay. Sure.
Most Fun Colleges in America to Attend per @RaveReviewBiz— SportsPac12 (@SportsPac12) June 15, 2018
7. West Virginia
8. Penn State
10. Ohio State
Based on social life, outdoor activities, community & recreation. pic.twitter.com/mZsjLXIW26