Did u know @MizzouAthletics was one of 12 schools in 2018 to have a player selected in the NFL Draft, NBA Draft and among first four rounds of MLB Draft. Great things are happening in COMO thanks to work of our student-athletes, coaches & staff!— Nick Joos (@JoosNick) June 26, 2018
Next year Mizzou will likely have the same PLUS a WNBA draft pick. https://t.co/pdCIw3vlxK— Alex Schiffer (@TheSchiffMan) June 26, 2018
Not sure why all the dots just connected for me on this one, but this coming year, Mizzou could have a top-10 football draft pick (Drew Lock), an NBA lottery pick (Jontay Porter), and a WNBA first-rounder (Sophie Cunningham). And with a good year, I’d figure that pitcher TJ Sikkema could still make himself a pretty high-round pick as well.
Here’s to hoping team success follows all this individual talent production...
- Which newbie or youngster will be this year’s Albert Okwuegbunam?
- The Ringer wrote about Michael Porter Jr.’s tumble in the draft.
- New receiver commit Tauskie Dove got the PowerMizzou film room treatment.
- Rock Bridge’s Martez Manual wants to make a commitment decision soon. It would appear Mizzou’s in good shape.
- We hadn’t gotten a south end zone update in a while, but ... that wrong has been righted.
The crane will be installed at #Mizzou's #SEZProject this week! ♂️— Mizzou Football (@MizzouFootball) June 26, 2018
Find out everything that's happened so far, thanks to @MortensonSports & @Populous ⤵️#MIZ #ShowMe pic.twitter.com/NsFSmsQ7Fe
- Well, the MU-KU charity exhibition is a go, but it looks like there’s a little bit of disagreement about who’s involved.
I’m not sure who is responsible for this Mizzou vs KU alumni game , but I’ve never heard anything about it until today, I am not playing in that game to whom it may concern!— Marcus Denmon (@MizzouMonster12) June 26, 2018
I spoke to Marty and ask him to see if you wanted to play. He told me you would, my bad for any confusion bro, would never use your likeness without confirmation.— Kareem Rush (@KareemRush) June 26, 2018
No problem at all, I just wanted to clear up any confusion for fans that would expect me there because I never heard anything about it. I didn't even know who put it together or anything— Marcus Denmon (@MizzouMonster12) June 26, 2018
- In case you missed it, Mizzou’s Megan Cunningham indeed won the Inspiration Award.
“It is said one can’t measure the heart of an athlete and indeed that is true as we celebrate the tenacity and bravery of Megan Cunningham as the 2018 Honda Inspiration Award winner,” said CWSA Executive Director Chris Voelz. “It is a heartfelt, bittersweet story that will inspire all. As I congratulate Megan I also congratulate Megan’s family and the University of Missouri for the role they played in her return to competition.”
#Mizzou's Megan Cunningham overcame incredible odds to become an @SEC Champion.— Mizzou Athletics (@MizzouAthletics) June 26, 2018
She took home the @CWSA_HondaCup Inspiration Award last night. Watch her incredible story ⤵️
https://t.co/K4TGO9JDXH#MIZ #TigerTough pic.twitter.com/vjGm2IRw09
- Well hey there, Mizzou defender Mo Adesanmi. Sucks that Argentina won.
Even though Nigeria didn't advance, @momolaadesanmi looked in good spirits on the FOX broadcast! She's our World Cup star! pic.twitter.com/RfoZekulaq— Mizzou Soccer (@MizzouSoccer) June 26, 2018