Jack Buford became Mizzou’s second four-star commitment of the 2019 class on Friday. Your media outlet of choice has a reaction to it — The Trib, the Post-Dispatch, the KC Star, PowerMizzou, The Missourian.
It’ll be interesting to see, however, if there are still two at the end of the weekend. After a long flirtation, Mizzou receiver commit Shamar Nash is taking an official visit to Arkansas.
Honestly, it’s probably good to just go ahead and get this out of the way. It’s been coming for a while, and this way, a) he still takes his Mizzou official after Arkansas and everyone else, and b) if he does end up flipping his commit — not a given, by any means — Mizzou has plenty of time to regroup and double up on other WR targets. There are quite a few of them.
Yesterday at Rock M
- Buford quickly made it clear that he was going to try to be a major Mizzou recruiter in the St. Louis area. He apparently didn’t mean just for football, either. Here he is, recruiting friend and huge Mizzou target E.J. Liddell.
- Big day coming up for Michael Porter Jr. and his own draft prospects:
On Friday, Michael Porter Jr will participate in Priority Sports’ pro day in Chicago. My guess is that the Chicago Bulls will have reps there.— Daniel Greenberg (@ChiSportUpdates) June 5, 2018
- Karissa Schweizer has put together a claim as the greatest female athlete in Mizzou history. And she’s got one meet (and two races) left in the black and gold. (Three other Mizzou athletes will be competing at nationals, too.)
- You know what you woke up dying to do this morning? Listen to my dulcet tones! Here I am on The Closers...
- And here’s this week’s PAPN, a special edition about Godfrey’s Mississippi video series.