1. The football beast is starting to awaken, and we’ve got an updated roster to prove it.
MUTigers.com dropped an updated roster for the 2018 Missouri football team, with newcomers and new numbers.
Here are the freshmen’s numbers, for your convenience:
1 — DB Tyrone Collins
6 — RB Tyler Badie
8 — WR Kam Scott
8 — DB Jarvis Ware
9 — RB/WR Jalen Knox (listed as RB but belief is that he’ll play WR)
13 — WR Khmari Thompson
15 — DE Trajan Jeffcoat
16 — LB Gerald Nathan, Jr.
17 — DB Chris Mills
20 — RB Simi Bakare
28 — DL Jatorian Hansford
32 — LB Nick Bolton
33 — LB Chad Bailey
40 — LB Cameron Wilkins
52 — DL Daniel Parker
64 — OL Bobby Lawrence
72 — OL Xavier Delgado
73 — OL Mike Ruth
76 — OL Javon Foster
80 — TE Messiah Swinson
86 — WR Chritauskie Dove
Also, Oregon safety transfer Khalil Oliver will wear No. 20. The only freshman not listed on the roster at this point is receiver Danny Gray.
2. Another installment of the Drew Lock-umentary.
More good stuff in this installment, but I’ve gotta say, the best part for me was this throwaway story on Norm Stewart:
Actually, Lock wasn’t even the biggest name in the joint on this night. Missouri basketball legend Norm Stewart was striding toward a table of 10 with a glass of wine in each hand.
”You drinking double-fisted tonight, Norm,” a patron asked.
Stewart responded: “You would think a person would recognize when a real gentleman is carrying his wife’s drink along with his own.”
My God, just a soul-crushing burn by Norm. I’d be re-evaluating my life if I was on the receiving end of that one. You go from what you think is a light-hearted joke in front of your pals to having your very character destroyed.
And then it’s recounted in an article, some time later, which isn’t even about Norm Stewart!
3. More potential honors for Karissa Schweizer
Missouri’s greatest track star ever won just about everything she could during her time in Columbia, and she’s up for another collegiate honor.
This time, she’s a candidate for the NCAA’s Woman of the Year.
The field for this race, however, is a bit more crowded:
Schweizer is one of a record 581 female college athletes up for the 2018 award.
A lot of competition, but Schweizer is a very worthy candidate for this award.
Yesterday at Rock M
- How do Cuonzo Martin teams perform versus expectations?
- Poll! Which individual Mizzou season was most worthy of a Heisman?
- Dave Matter’s weekly Mizzou chat is filled with all sorts of good information, as usual.
- Yes, this article heavily references the team out West, but Vahe Gregorian has a fun look at Missouri student Christina Long, whose father (Jeff) is the new AD in Lawrence. Soft paywall
- PowerMizzou.com has its AAU basketball recruiting notebook from the Peach Jam and an Under Armour event in Atlanta. (Paywall)
- I’m a big fan of these new football posters for the 2018 season. Missouri’s graphic design team is the best in the nation, IMO.