1. Three more days until camp!
@THallStayReady#MIZCamp18 begins Friday #MIZ #ShowMe pic.twitter.com/RZBlUSSgJS— Mizzou Football (@MizzouFootball) July 30, 2018
Camp season, where hope springs eternal, where all the newcomers pass the eyeball test, where all the veterans are in the best shape of their life —August is a great time for optimism.
Until then, we have camp previews to tide us over.
Dave Matter of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch previews Missouri’s tailbacks, where the Tigers have Larry Poundtree and a healthy Damarea Crockett to split carries.
The Kansas City Star takes a look at the five biggest questions surrounding Missouri’s offense entering camp. But, I mean, the only one that really matters is how will Derek Dooley do in his first year as an offensive coordinator? Missouri has the pieces to have an elite offense in the SEC this year; hopefully Dooley can bring some much-needed consistency to that group, something that never developed under Josh Heupel.
2. Save the date for Braggin’ Rights
It’s on Dec. 22, so make your travel and accommodation plans in St. Louis accordingly.
Doesn’t last year’s game feel like even longer ago? From the Columbia Tribune:
Last year’s loss to Illinois ended a strong non-conference slate that saw the Tigers take a 10-3 record into conference play. Despite the loss, Missouri finished the season 20-13. Illinois finished the season 14-18, but it brings in a top-15 recruiting class led by five-star Chicago point guard Ayo Dosunmu. Dosunmu is ranked as a top-30 national prospect and the No. 6 point guard in the 2018 class.
Glad to see this rivalry getting some of its teeth back.
3. Arkansas linebacker has Missouri in his top 3
Kendall Young, a 3-star linebacker from Bentonville, Ark., named Missouri, along with Arkansas and Vanderbilt, in his top three on Monday.
Top 3‼️ #SEC Thankful for every college that has recruited me!Respect The Decision‼️ pic.twitter.com/whfCGY4G4l— KY²⁴ (@kendallyoung33) July 30, 2018
The top three makes sense, as those are Young’s only Power 5 offers. Young visited Missouri in early June.
Yesterday at Rock M
- Sam Snelling breaks down Usage in college hoops (although he missed a perfect opportunity to call it “Why U should care about U-sage” Or “Usage?! More like me-sage!”)
- MUTigers.com profiles Jeremy Maclin on Mizzou Made Monday.
- Interesting find by a Reddit user — in 1962, Missouri ONLY played in stadiums named “Memorial Stadium.” And the Tigers went 8-1-2! Maybe they should revisit that type of scheduling.
- Finally, if you weren’t able to make it out in Columbia for PowerMizzou’s great meet-and-great/Rally4Rhyan event, check out the tweet below to show your support:
Thanks so much to all of you who came to our event at @ShilohBar tonight. We were able to raise more than $1000 for @RallyforRhyan just during those couple hours. If you couldn’t make it but want to donate, please go to this link: https://t.co/u9p7F3X0aD— Gabe DeArmond (@GabeDeArmond) July 31, 2018