1. Another watch list to watch for Drew Lock
This time, it’s the Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award watch list. It’s the fourth watch list for Drew Lock, which I imagine ranks pretty high up in the most-watched watch list players for 2018, but I really don’t care to run all the names, to be honest.
Here’s the full rundown of Mizzou watch-listed players via that MUTigers.com article:
Maxwell Award (top offensive player) – Senior QB Drew Lock
Bednarik Award (top defensive player) – Senior DL Terry Beckner, Jr.
Davey O’Brien Award (top QB) – Senior QB Drew Lock
Doak Walker Award (top RB) – Junior RB Damarea Crockett
Biletnikoff Award (top WR) – Senior WR Emanuel Hall
Mackey Award (top TE) – Sophomore TE Albert Okwuegbunam
Butkus Award (top LB) – Senior LB Terez Hall
Bronko Nagurski Trophy (top defensive player) - Senior DL Terry Beckner, Jr.
Bronko Nagurski Trophy (top defensive player) - Senior LB Terez Hall
Outland Trophy (top interior lineman) – Senior OL Paul Adams
Outland Trophy (top interior lineman) – Terry Beckner, Jr.
Lou Groza Award (top K) – Junior K Tucker McCann
Ray Guy Award (top P) – Senior P Corey Fatony
Wuerffel Trophy – (community service) – Senior P Corey Fatony
Walter Camp Award (player of the year) – Senior QB Drew Lock
Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award (top QB) – Senior QB Drew Lock
2. Letters from Camp
Emanuel Hall eager to prove versatility in new Mizzou offense, writes Dave Matter of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch
Why Daniel Parker could play immediately for Mizzou at defensive end, writes the Kansas City Star
#MIZCamp18 Position Preview#DLineZOU #MIZ #ShowMe pic.twitter.com/Kabk8k0Gvf— Mizzou Football (@MizzouFootball) August 14, 2018
3. Mitch Morse: Still a really good guy
Here’s another example of the fact that former Missouri lineman — and current Kansas City Chiefs’ center — Mitch Morse is just a really good human being:
Mitch Morse gives his gloves to military kid and walks over to 75 or so fans that stayed in the rain and thanks them and signs. All alone.— kevin kietzman (@kkwhb) August 14, 2018
I say this without hesitation — Morse was one of the most generous, caring players I covered during my time as a Missouri beat writer. Great to see that he’s still the same person in the NFL, though there wasn’t much doubt that he would be.
- Former Mizzou (and Drury) pitcher will play his final year at SLU, reports Peter Baugh of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch.
- I thought this was announced a few weeks ago, but I guess now it’s officially official: Karissa Schweizer signs her pro contract with Nike and the Bowerman Track club.
- Mizzou baseball announced its Inaugural Weekend celebration, which will be on Sep. 7-8 (around the football game vs. Wyoming).
- Mizzou announced its annual pre-home game concert series, and the only band I’ve heard of is Ha Ha Tonka.