1. Want to know what an official offer from Missouri looks like?
Well, you’re in luck, because Aug. 1 is the first day official offers can go out!
You get the idea.
Pretty cool design this year, and I like the personalization involved.
Also, not in official offer news, but St. Louis receiver CJ Boone listed Missouri in his top 6 — but said he’s still open to all schools, so take that for what it’s worth.
3. Wrapping up camp previews
One day until Mizzou’s August camp starts, and that means we’ve entered the death-rattle phase of camp previews.
And the Kansas City Star looks at five questions about the defense this season.
4. Old tweets from Drew Lock get sent to the Columbia Tribune
Lock had some offensive tweets when he was an eighth grade, and they were found and sent to the Columbia Daily Tribune.
Garrick Hodge’s piece was a really interesting and thought-provoking look at this recent trend of athletes in the spotlight getting outed for past inappropriate/offensive/racist tweets.
This column isn’t some attempt to sensationalize something a preseason first-team All-SEC quarterback said a long time ago. There’s certainly a grey area when deeming whether what a teenage boy tweeted before he ever became star is newsworthy. But when you’re the face of an SEC football program and a potential top-five NFL draft pick in a year, people take the words you say more seriously.
The truth is, tons of American teenage boys have said really dumb, hurtful things at some point without realizing the impact or hurt their words caused. Even the ones not posted on social media for the public to find. Lord knows I’ve never met anyone who’s perfect.
I encourage everyone to read the entire column.
Yesterday at Rock M
- The Columbia Daily Tribune has a nice feature on Mizzou baseball’s new hitting coach, Matt Lisle.
- Peter Baugh of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch writes on how Cuonzo Martin stays involved in the East St. Louis community that shaped him.
- Former Mizzou softball All-American Emily Crane is now a volunteer coach for Missouri’s softball team.