1. Drew Lock’s successor is still very much up in the air.
However, it does sound like Micah Wilson and Lindsey Scott, Jr., have separated themselves from the pack — “the pack” being Jack Lowary and Taylor Powell.
Wilson may have the edge, but we won’t see another depth chart until prior to the UT-Martin game on Sep. 1 (and maybe not even an updated one). So, it’s all tea leaves, especially when Missouri isn’t opening any scrimmages to the media this preseason.
The scrimmage on Saturday night was closed to the media; Missouri players and coaches won’t meet with the media again until Tuesday.
In other future quarterback news, however, commit Connor Bazelak got bumped up to four-stars on the 247Sports Composite over the weekend.
2. Travis Ford’s son to walk-on with Mizzou hoops
Brooks Ford — son of SLU coach Travis Ford — will walk-on to the Missouri basketball team, meaning that both father and son will have played for Missouri for at least their freshman years. Travis famously (in Missouri circles) transferred to Kentucky after his freshman year at Mizzou.
Brooks Ford is a 6-2 guard who played high school ball at De Smet in St. Louis.
3. RB Dawson Downing gets put on scholarship
#Mizzou has put running back Dawson Downing on scholarship for this year. Tigers had some room, Downing is a former walk-on who could get some carries and should help on special teams this season.— Gabe DeArmond (@GabeDeArmond) August 18, 2018
Let’s check in with UConn to see if Downing deserves this scholarsh—
Yesterday at Rock M
- Here they are. The definitive top 5 Missouri football plays of the last 20 years. It also includes the entirety of the top Missouri football plays of the last 20 years.
- Former Missouri tight end Jason Reese signed with the Carolina Panthers after being waived by Tampa Bay. Go get ‘em, Jason.
- EJ Liddell chatted with Alex Schiffer of the Kansas City Star in Schiff’s latest recruiting roundup.
- Missouri WR commitment Maurice Massey is No. 9 in the Post-Dispatch’s annual Super 30 prep rankings.
- Cameron Teague-Robinson of the Columbia Daily-Tribune writes about the standouts from Missouri volleyball’s recent scrimmage.