1. Missouri will likely play a Big 12 team in Kansas City in 2019!
No, not that one.
Sources: Oklahoma, Missouri, Stanford, and Butler will headline the 2019 CBE Classic in Kansas City.— Jon Rothstein (@JonRothstein) August 29, 2018
2. Apparently Missouri ranks third in the SEC in the “Fan Happiness Index”
I have no idea about the methodology for this.
Despite what it seems like on message boards or the InterWebz, it certainly seems like Missouri has a more rational fanbase than most SEC schools — it terms of expectations, for instance. So maybe that’s why Missouri’s ranked so high here.
3. Brandon Lee: Framing up running backs and photos
Nice video feature by the Missouri athletic department on senior linebacker Brandon Lee and his hobby of photography.
4. Rounding up that football content
- How Drew Lock’s sixth-grade team shaped who he is as a quarterback, by Alex Schiffer of the Kansas City Star
- Freshman RB Tyler Badie catches on quick for Mizzou, by Dave Matter of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch
- Odom’s defense back in the spotlight, by Dave Matter of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch
- Mizzou hoping to avoid repeat of 2017 season opener, by Cameron Teague-Robinson of the Columbia Daily Tribune
- Christian Holmes eager to move past injury, by Mitchell Forde of PowerMizzou.com
5. ICYMI: Missouri’s new hoops unis are incredible
This is how you mix tradition with modern design. That’s why everyone approves of them.
Yesterday at Rock M
- Previewing UT-Martin’s offense and the Skyhawks’ talented running back
- Previewing Missouri’s receivers: Who joins Emanuel Hall in the stat column?
- Missouri basketball benefits from a softer early conference schedule, says Sam Snelling
- I missed this yesterday:
SEC will implement use of a visible TV timeout countdown clock on field at all 14 SEC on-campus venues for 2018 season. The on-field display will allow fans, game officials & both teams to view remaining time during each TV commercial stoppage from anywhere in the stadium— Brett McMurphy (@Brett_McMurphy) August 28, 2018
- Some more Drew Lock NFL Draft rankings. This one has Lock as the No. 17 prospect and the second quarterback.
- The Washington Post gets in on previewin’ the SEC, and it has Missouri has the No. 3 team in the SEC East — behind Georgia and South Carolina. I have no problem with that!