1. Missouri’s first hype vide of the 2018 season is fantastic.
A slow burn, but it makes me want to run through a brick wall by the end.
In the #ShowMe State, history is not told. It is seen. Time to witness history. #Mizzou is back Saturday pic.twitter.com/ZFsPTRZ0fl— Mizzou Football (@MizzouFootball) August 30, 2018
Let’s freakin’ go.
2. The Missouri football content round-up
Mizzou expects more from cornerbacks Acy, Sparks — via Dave Matter of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch
Missouri’s backfield is loaded; last time it was, big things happened for Missouri — via Alex Schiffer of the Kansas City Star
Drew Lock focused on season amid NFL draft buzz — via Eli Lederman of the Columbia Missourian (this might be the best Lock feature I’ve read this preseason)
The maturation of Terez Hall: Building a culture — via Brendan Lavell of the Columbia Missourian
Brandon Lee has plans for beyond football — via Gabe DeArmond of PowerMizzou.com
Drew Lock is Missoui Football’s greatest hope — via Meghan Schuster of The Ringer (there are some pretty glaring issues with this article, beyond the fact that it is beyond hyperbolic to say Lock is the biggest hope for Missouri’s entire football program)
3. Purdue looks... good? OK? I’m not sure
As I’m writing this, it’s the end of the 3rd quarter in West Lafayette and Purdue trails Northwestern 31-24 but is threatening. And, I’ll admit, I have not been paying attention that closely — and I have no idea how good Northwestern is — but Purdue looks like it’s going to give Missouri trouble (as most probably expect).
The most glaring deficiency seems to be hanging onto the ball, as Purdue starting QB Elijah Sindelar has thrown three interceptions, and that’s probably why Purdue isn’t leading.
I believe the only time you learn something from Week 1 is if a team looks really, really bad on one or both sides (SEE: Missouri, 2017). So, I guess what I’m saying is that I don’t know anything about Purdue.
Except its new field border is cool.
BTW these Purdue endzone/sideline train tracks are fantastic. pic.twitter.com/SRGPqPIPoA— Ryan McGee (@ESPNMcGee) August 31, 2018
Yesterday at Rock M
- Previewing Missouri’s quarterbacks and running backs — spoiler alert: they’re pretty good.
- These are the stats that will determine Missouri’s 2018 season
- Poll! Which game is most important to Mizzou this year?
- Here’s another take on the Missouri-upsets-Georgia predictions we’ve seen lately. This time, it’s from my former colleagues at DawgNation.com.
- Kansas City Star columnist Blair Kerkhoff has five bold predictions on the SEC this year, none of which is the fact that when I search for this article, it shows up on the AJC and the Austin American-Statesman but not the Kansas City Star.