They started slow, but the Offense settled in and Drew Lock crushed Wyoming.
Make no mistake, calling Wyoming’s offense a work in progress is being very generous. Wyoming had virtually no real threat on that side of the ball with their back up running back and a freshman Quarterback.
But the Tigers did their job. Wyoming managed just 248 yards of offense, and 164 of which came in the 4th quarter when the game was out of reach.
Drew Lock, however, took care of his own business. The Tigers offense struggled early but put up over 600 yards of offense, and Lock threw for nearly 400 of those. If you like to peruse the stats you can get real deep with this link.
- KC Star: Missouri beats Wyoming 40-13 behind Drew Lock and Emanuel Hall
- STL Today: Lock-Hall connection sparks Mizzou past Wyoming
- Columbia Tribune: Still all good in the Zou after Week 2
- The Missourian: Missouri offense starts slow, grows unstoppable in win over Wyoming
- PowerMizzou: Tiger Six-Pack Instant Reaction
If there is any red flags at this point, you have to look at the rushing stats. Take away Drew Lock’s 51 rushing yards and you have a pretty pedestrian 3.8 yards per carry on 40 carries. The Tigers have Purdue up next in a revenge game of sorts. If they take care of business against a 0-2 team, Mizzou will be 3-0 heading into a game against a top 5 opponent in the Georgia Bulldogs. At home.
It’s a chance to make a big statement. But you have to beat Purdue next week.
Yesterday at Rock M
ESPNU announcers amazed Missouri just went for it on 3rd-and-5. Dooley is truly a risk taker.— Pete Scantlebury (@PeteScantlebury) September 8, 2018
@emanuelhall— Mizzou Football (@MizzouFootball) September 9, 2018
Career-high 10 receptions ☑️
Career-high 171 receiving yards ☑️
8th career 100+ yard game ☑️
1st #Mizzou WR since 2009 (Danario) with back-to-back 170-yard games ☑️#MIZ #ShowMe pic.twitter.com/PZ8Up0BAFE
OUR QB USING THE TRUCK STICK— Barstool Mizzou (@BarstoolMizzou) September 9, 2018
CHILDS PLAY @BarstoolUWYO pic.twitter.com/WrN3UfZp5v
A BLACKWELL AND MADDIE B MIZZOU VISIT! KEEPWORKING! pic.twitter.com/h6CkWDL9gP— TBeau41 (@Beau41T) September 8, 2018
Let the lobbying begin as E.J. Liddell and Mario McKinney Jr. arrive for visits this weekend. https://t.co/qaUxKa0NyZ— ROCK M NATION (@RockMNation) September 7, 2018
- Alec Lewis, of The Athletic, had a nice profile of Austyn Carta-Samuels and his influence on Drew Lock
- Mizzou Women’s Volleyball lost their match to Ohio State but senior middle blocker Alyssa Munlyn set the Missouri record for career blocks. Pretty cool. The loss dropped Mizzou to 7-2.
S1 l SOLOOO BLOCK for Munlyn & she adds another milestone to her incredible #Mizzou career.— Mizzou Volleyball (@MizzouVB) September 8, 2018
CONGRATS ALYSSA!#MIZ #ShowMe pic.twitter.com/zEWNnqHlyF
- Missouri women’s soccer lost their match to USC on Friday, 0-2. The Tigers defense was solid as the Trojans put a whopping 31 shots on goal. The ladies are just 1-4-1 but held their own against the #4 team in the country.