St. Louis blue-chipper “torn” between Mizzou and UNC
Happy Caleb Love day, y’all! How happy you will feel later today, after the decision, is still a matter of uncertainty. However, it’s always a good day to be in contention for one of the country’s best young players.
It’s even better when the decision is reportedly as hard for the young man as you think it would be. Both schools have pitched Love differently and it’s these differences that are apparently pulling Love in two different directions.
“That’s big having two guards like me be in position to play their [UNC’s] games,” Love said. “Coby did his thing and Cole is set to do his thing too. The style fits my game. It’s a great situation for me.”
“I would be in a great situation at Missouri, too,” Love said. “Coach Martin is a great coach, and I feel like they’re moving in the right direction there. I know that I would have success there too. It’s a tough one.”
Love also cited the love he feels at Missouri as being a major factor.
Look, I know what I think is going to happen. If you’d like to know where I stand, you can check 247Sports’ Crystal Ball projections that have stood strong since Love’s last visit.
However, we’ve argued on this site that Cuonzo Martin has done everything he possibly could to get Missouri a fair shot at landing the uber-talented point guard. Several months ago, you could’ve put the Tigers’ chances at 5 to 10 percent. A few weeks ago, it was probably up to 33 percent. Now it might not be 50-50, but it seems like it’s at most 40-60.
We won’t have full closure until this afternoon. On one side, Missouri loses a recruiting battle it loses 99 times out of 100, and Missouri fans walk away disappointed, if not surprised. On the other, Missouri lands its third five-star recruit under Cuonzo Martin in what could possibly be the program’s biggest recruiting win of the 21st century.
Not much of a difference there, right?
Yesterday at Rock M
- The next four weeks could define Missouri’s 2019 season
- FanPulse 6.0: We’ve got a new number 1
- KB vs. The Legends
- Missouri gets its second evening kickoff of the year during its Homecoming matchup with Ole Miss. Nationally televised too!
- Missouri makes Alex Schiffer’s last AP Ballot on the Tiger beat. Thanks for all your hard work, Alex!
- We are so close to basketball season that you can start planning your evenings around the games!
Non-con tip times have been finalized.— Mizzou Hoops (@MizzouHoops) September 30, 2019
The 2019-20 season is just over 5⃣ weeks away!#ToTheFinishLine pic.twitter.com/qNYb2w90NR
- Speaking of basketball recruiting, the Tiger staff is already looking ahead to 2021 five-stars. Aim high, gents!
- The Mizzou men’s golf team earned its first team victory of the season, and the women are leading their current tournament by six strokes.
- Peter Baugh did a nice little feature on Mizzou football players and their dogs! A very enjoyable read for those with Athletic subscriptions. Here’s a link to a seven day free trial if you’re interested— http://theathletic.com/freetrial
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!