Well, well, well... Cuonzo’s at it again?
After the commitment of Caleb Love to North Carolina, most of us turned the page on the 2020 Missouri basketball class. The Tigers seemed content to hold onto Jordan Wilmore’s commitment as the only commitment of the fall/winter cycle and wait to see what happened in the late season.
However, things have taken a turn.
Last week we said we expected Missouri to be done for the Fall 2020 period.— Sam Snelling (@SamTSnelling) October 15, 2019
Jalen Terry changes that.
Jalen Terry is currently ranked in the Top 60 at 247Sports and at No. 48 in the Rivals rankings. He’s one of the best high school point guards in the country — and he’s back on the market.
This wouldn’t be notable usually. Every team thinks they can get in with a recommitted recruit, especially ones with classes that have disappointed fans.
However, there’s reason to believe Missouri may have a pretty good shot with the Michigan kid.
Can confirm, Top-60 senior Jalen Terry has decommitted from Michigan State. He’s been committed for quite sometime but has now decided to reopen his recruitment.— Jake (@jakeweingarten) October 14, 2019
Iowa State, Iowa, Mississippi State, and Mizzou, were included on his final-list prior to committing.
We’ll of course be digging into this news more in the coming days and weeks, and we’ll let you know where we see things shaking out.
While we wait to get more news about Terry’s re-opened recruitment, you can start planning to see this year’s team a little earlier than usual!
Yesterday at Rock M
- Missouri has earned back trust and the expectations that come with it
- FanPulse 8.0: WE MADE IT YOU GUYS
- With the win over Ole Miss, Missouri fans can start dreaming big
- Congrats to Yasir Durant, Mizzou’s latest player to take home conference player of the week honors!
- The AP Top 25 and FanPulse aren’t the only places where Missouri is ranked highly — the Tigers came in at No. 23 in the Athletic 130 and No. 19 in the CBS Sports 130.
- Adam Cole continues the KC Star tradition of early look-aheads — this time to Vanderbilt.
- Dave Matter zeroes in on the offense’s variety of playmakers and answers a few FAQ about Missouri’s NCAA appeal case.
- Peter Baugh offers The Athletic subscribers a hodgepodge of topics to choose from, including the SEC standings, special teams and rankings. Here’s a link to a seven day free trial: http://theathletic.com/freetrial .
- Mizzou’s official athletics site profiled Molly Taylor (Kreklow) for its Mizzou Made series.
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!