Monday morning of bye week = let’s dump on the Tigers!
Usually Monday mornings offer a great opportunity to hit reset from the week gone by. This can be nice after a win, as it gives fans an opportunity to relive the recent victory while still beginning the process of looking ahead. Even after a loss, though, it’s good to evaluate what went wrong and start moving forward.
The Monday of bye week after a loss, though? There’s no good to be found in those wretched plains. This is especially true of the Tigers, who have cannon-balled from atop the SEC East with consecutive losses to Vanderbilt and Kentucky. Monday’s stories reflect that woeful state.
- Not one, but two Post-Dispatch writers are going in on Missouri’s disappointing stretch. BenFred laments what could have been a special season, while Dave Matter addresses what the last two weeks could tell us about the coming weeks.
- Peter Baugh from The Athletic reflected on the loss and a pregame conversation with athletic director Jim Sterk for subscribers. Sign up for a free 7-day trial at http://theathletic.com/freetrial.
- Adam Spencer at Saturday Down South wonders what we’ve all been thinking the last few days... why do the Tigers look so bad on the road?
Yesterday at Rock M
- How are we supposed to talk about Missouri?
- Missouri’s season is going downhill fast after disheartening loss to Kentucky
- FanPulse 10.0: There’s a new number 1
- SEC Basketball Preview #6: Missouri Tigers
- PowerMizzou readers can read Mitch’s thoughts on Missouri’s struggles with running QBs, while subscribers can see some of Gabe’s Monday morning thoughts and stats from Mizzou football commits.
- Game time in Athens has been set for 6 p.m. CT. It’s a night under the lights against Georgia, which offers a prime opportunity for Mizzou to bounce back in a major way.
- Missouri gets nary a mention in this SEC round table at The Athletic CBB (subs only, ya freeloaders).
- Reed Nikko, however, does get a mention in this feature story written by friend of the site, CJ Moore.
- Mizzou Volleyball’s Andrea Fuentes continues her outstanding redshirt sophomore season, earning her second overall SEC Overall Player and Setter of the Week awards.
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!