The Missouri Women’s Volleyball team picked up their first SEC win of the season
In their conference road opener last night, the Tigers’ led by interim head coach Joshua Taylor, defeated the Tigers of LSU in four sets; 25-10, 19-25, 25-23, 25-18 to snap a three-game losing streak.
No. 22 ranked Missouri improved to 9-3 (1-1 SEC) on the season and will host Texas A&M on Sunday at the Hearnes Center at 1pm CST; it will be televised on SEC Network plus.
Meanwhile, the Major League Baseball Postseason is underway, and Mizzou is well-represented with three former players— all of them pitchers, because... of course.
Max Scherzer didn’t have his best game on Tuesday night in the NL Wild Card Game, but he and the Washington Nationals have advanced to the NLDS to face the Los Angeles Dodgers.
Peter Fairbanks and the Tampa Bay Rays have advanced to the ALDS to face the Houston Astros.
Kyle Gibson and the Minnesota Twins will face the New York Yankees in the ALDS.
And......is DeMarre Carroll signaling that he wants to get into coaching in the future?
Never forget MIZZOU... I’ll be back trust me https://t.co/VyNF8qxiO4— DeMarre Carroll (@DeMarreCarroll1) October 3, 2019
Yesterday at Rock M
- Cuonzo Martin can win at Mizzou without five-star recruits, writes Josh Matejka
- Troy Trojans Offensive Preview, by Nate Edwards
- PODCAST: Cuonzo Martin and St. Louis Recruiting post-Caleb Love, with Sam Snelling and PowerMizzou’s AJ Blankenship
- Sammy Stava’s Q&A with Troy writer Ken Rogers
- Mizzou Women’s Basketball has released TV schedule and tip-off times for this season
- Check out Carrington Harrison’s latest podcast with our own Sam Snelling
- Missouri O-Line embraces ongoing position battles
- Mizzou Women’s Golf earns sixth straight Johnie Imes title
- A new personal best for Karissa Schweizer in the 5000m prelims for USA Track and Field
place and a new PR for @KarissaSchweiz4 ❕❕— Mizzou Track & Field (@MizzouTFXC) October 2, 2019
She ran a 14:52.41 in the 5000m prelims, her first time under 15:00 and the 7⃣th-fastest time in American history
She will run in the 5000m finals on Saturday at 1:25 PM CT.
- A very good read here as Mizzou target Joshua Christopher is planning an official visit to Howard University this weekend, from The Atlantic’s Jemele Hill
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!