Sam & CDot talk some hoops, and it’s highly enjoyable, as always
I don’t know about you all, but I absolutely love it when Friend of the Site (and sometimes contributor) CDot — Carrington Harrison of 610Sports KC, who can be found on the twitterverse at @cdotharrison — and our very own Site Manager/Leader of Men (and me)/basketball guru, Sam Snelling, get together to talk hoops. Sam went on CDot’s podcast late Tuesday night and talked Caleb Love, what it means for Missouri’s roster, recruiting, and a bunch of other stuff.
Sam getting into the types of guys that Cuonzo recruits was my favorite part. Jaylen Brown, for instance, was focused on elite academic institutions, not just basketball schools, which is what likely led him to a school like Cal-Berkeley.
“One of the things about Cuonzo is that he does identify players that he’s going to be able to have an impact on. He’s not really going to spend a lot of time chasing guys who are really kinda big-headed and have stars in their eyes early. He’s always kinda drawn to those players who are, you know, from good families and down to Earth and into working hard... It’s not like the naturally talented guys who have been fawned over for 5-6 years” -Sam Snelling
Always a great listen when the self-proclaimed Rock M homer and Sam get together, and I highly recommend checking out CDot’s YouTube below:
In more basketball news, Mitchell Smith wants to put his “Barry White” voice to good use and possibly work in broadcast.
The voice of @YourboyMitchell has always been a defining characteristic.— Mizzou Hoops (@MizzouHoops) October 4, 2019
Last week he fulfilled a dream and took it to the radio waves (hint: he’s a natural) #ToTheFinishLine pic.twitter.com/GwJiB7auc6
And finally, in today’s news of, “I can’t wait to watch to watch Mike finally play” and “Damn, why did he have to get hurt two minutes into that ISU game?!?”, here’s a video of Nikola Jokic dishing to Porter Jr during practice. (sigh)
Jokic with the beautiful dime to MPJ— NBA Central (@TheNBACentral) October 3, 2019
This is going to be fun pic.twitter.com/WgrOLR6Z90
Oh, and you can also read some stuff about MPJ and his enjoyment of training camp thus far in this article by NBA.com writer, Alex Labidou, and in this post about how he’s adjusting to his role for the Nuggets in The Athletic, written by Nick Kosmider ($$).
On to the links!
Yesterday at Rock M
- BK wrote a piece comparing current Mizzou player performances to to those of previous seasons
- Coach Terry was back with another In The Huddle, looking at the defensive resurgence.
- Nate tackled the Troy defense in a preview post.
- Sammy discussed the Tigers’ play in previous Octobers, and how Mizzou has a chance to keep their momentum going through the month
- Nate was back with another episode of Before the Box Score, this time chatting with Scott Watkins, Managing Editor at The Trojan Wall. The recap can be read here.
- The women’s hoops team is motivated. The graphics/digital team continues to be top-notch.
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch: Matter held his weekly chat yesterday on STL Today.
- KC Star: Schiff wrote about how the football team is learning to capitalize on turnovers.
- Rivals.com/PowerMizzou ($$): Krysten Peek sat down with 5-star Mizzou recruiting target, Josh Christopher, to chat about his upcoming visits, particularly why he’s decided to take an official to HBCU, Howard.
- The Maneater: Wilson Moore wrote about Missouri’s stout defense here.
- The Athletic- Peter Baugh wrote a great story about how the Mizzou defense is finally playing the way we’d hope under Barry Odom. As always, if you’re not subscribing to The Athletic, you really are missing out— and if you’d like to take advantage of a free 7-day trial, you can go to this link, http://theathletic.com/freetrial.
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now!