Someone cue the music!
“Eliah Drinkwitz, Appalachian State football coach —
A man barely making three-quarters of a million dollars.
Gentlemen, we can pay him more.
We have the capability to pay Mizzou’s 33rd head coach.
Eliah Drinkwitz will be that man.
Richer than he was before —
See y’all at 10:45!
Yesterday at Rock M
- Mizzou Football Recruiting: Where does the 2020 recruiting class stand? [updated]
- Mizzou recruits react to news of Eli Drinkwitz’s reported hiring
- That New Coach Smell: The Effect on Recruiting
- In the big non-Drinkwitz related news of the day... MIZZOU HAS TWO ALL-SEC MEMBERS, Y’ALL!
This isn’t entirely surprising given how good both Elliott and Bolton looked all year, but it’s encouraging moving into next year when the latter will still only be a junior. Jordan Elliott, unfortunately for us, will move on to the greener pastures of the NFL.
Congrats, Nick and Jordan!
- Speaking of former Mizzou stars in the NFL...
- Hold on to your helmets, folks. While Barry Odom is one of the top contenders to replace Mike Norvell at Memphis, he has also emerged as a top candidate as the defensive coordinator at Arkansas. Yes, that Arkansas!
That would be... interesting!
- Mizzou ranks third in Jeff Gordon’s rankings of basketball teams in the St. Louis (and surrounding) areas.
- While all PowerMizzou readers can get access to the stories above, only subscribers will be able to see Gabe’s regular (coaching-heavy) Monday morning thoughts.
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)