The National Signing Day’s early signing day period has come and gone...
And Missouri ended the day signing a total of 10 commitments, including five-in state pledges. Here’s the list, with East St. Louis defensive lineman Kevon Billingsley still unsigned.
Missouri has signed a total of ten commits today to their 2020 recruiting class:— KTRS Sports (@BigSportsShow) December 18, 2019
DB Jaylon Carlies
K Harrison Mevis
OL Drake Heismeyer
LB Will Norris
DB Tyler Jones
WR Javian Hester
QB Brady Cook
RB Elijah Young
WR Jay Maclin
OL Mitchell Walters #Mizzou #NSD @550KTRS
Arguably the most popular signing of the day was from Kirkwood wide receiver Jay Maclin. Here he was with his cousin Jeremy yesterday:
And here’s what Jeremy had to say:
Here’s hoping Maclin and Chaminade’s Brady Cook can become a BIG St. Louis connection in the near future, as Cook also officially signed with Missouri yesterday (Brady Cook is such a great quarterback name, by the way). He was impressed with Drinkwitz’s recruiting efforts and plans to enroll early.
Chaminade's Brady Cook ( @qbcook4 ) was impressed that @CoachDrinkwitz took the time to visit him here in St. Louis last week.— Brooke Grimsley (@BrookeGrimsley) December 18, 2019
The quarterback plans to enroll early at Mizzou, so that he can get a head start on competing for a starting job. #MIZ #NSD20 #ShowMe20 @CCPAthletics pic.twitter.com/Kb4vUqtZJm
There were also some unexpected results in Missouri to Arkansas flips, but according to Eli Drinkwitz, yesterday was described as uneventful as there were no good or bad surprises.
Eliah Drinkwitz just met with media to discuss Missouri’s signing class. He said there were no surprises good or bad. MU expect to have at least two early enrollees next month: QB Brady Cook & WR Jay Maclin.— Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) December 18, 2019
As of right now, Missouri’s 2020 class rankings ranks 80th in the country and 13th in the SEC, according to 247Sports. On Rivals, Missouri currently ranks 71st in the country. That’s.....not great! Buy hey....it’s not the end of the world, and this is all going to be okay. We still have the second signing day (on February 5th) to get to.
Alright, if you had enough of National Signing Day...that’s totally fine! Now it’s time to get ready for some Braggin’ Rights on Saturday!
Onto the links!
Yesterday at Rock M
- Brandon Kiley’s favorite players to watch in Mizzou’s 2020 recruiting class
- Walters to remain at Missouri as defensive coordinator, update from Ryan Herrera
- Missouri Football recruiting: News and updates from early signing day 2020, by Ryan Herrera, Sam Snelling, and Nate Edwards
- Mizzou Signing Day: Drinkwitz keeps together most of MU’s class, by STLToday’s Dave Matter
- Drinkwitz: No surprises on opening day of signing period, from PowerMizzou’s Gabe DeArmond
- Drinkwitz already focused on February signing day, writes PowerMizzou’s Mitchell Forde
- AD Jim Sterk joined 610 Sports KC “The Drive” to discuss the hiring of Eli Drinkwitz.
- Sources: All signs point to Missouri hiring Curtis Luper as OC, according to Chris Hummer of 247Sports
- PowerMizzou’s Mitchell Forde joined Brendan Wiese on 550 KTRS’ “The Big Sports Show” to discuss Missouri’s early National Signing Day period
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)