He’s gonna find out who’s worth the price!
Welcome to day two of the Missouri coaching search. Morale is high. Only two people have deserted. I feel we may be in for a quick fight.
At this point in the process we only know rumors and general lists of people, so why don’t we dissect those lists a little bit? At least, the ones that aren’t behind paywalls.
- Eric Blum at the Columbia Daily Tribune listed 10 people who could be in line for an interview.
- Dave Matter narrowed it down to six names, several of whom seem to be popular choices.
- Dennis Dodd at CBS Sports also has 10 in mind for the Tigers, several of whom popped up on Blum’s list.
Let’s do a quick rundown of the names that appear on these lists: Mike Norvell, Bryan Harsin, Luke Fickell and Josh Heupel all appear on each list; Billy Napier, Lane Kiffin, and Jeff Monken all appear twice. It seems likely a handful of those names are on the Tigers’ shortlist, and everyone in the know expects this to be a short process.
We should know sooner rather than later. Buckle up for news to drop at any point this week.
Yesterday at Rock M
- Jim Sterk is tying his legacy to the decision to fire Barry Odom
- Tigers succeed in Seeking a Win For the End of the World
- Mizzou Coaching Search Links
- College Football Recap: Week 14 (Barry Odom Edition)
- Mizzou Football Recruiting: Where does the 2020 recruiting class stand?
Hooooooo boy, buckle up, y’all. Lots of links coming at you this morning.
- Another SEC job is now on the market, in addition to Missouri and Arkansas.
While not ultimately detrimental to Missouri’s search, the Rebels job will no doubt have an effect on Jim Sterk’s efforts. The job in Oxford is arguably just as good as the one in Columbia, and the Rebels will enter the top group of schools looking for a candidate.
If they zero in on one of Missouri’s top targets, expect the price to go up.
- While running said coaching search, Jim Sterk found time to write up an editorial for the Kansas City Star on last week’s NCAA ruling.
- Jordan Elliott announced that he will forego his senior season at Missouri and enter the NFL Draft.
This isn’t surprising considering Elliott proved his worth this year and would be better served earning a paycheck than trying to fit in a new system under a new coach.
Best of luck, Jordan! We can’t wait to see you play on Sundays!
- It was a big day for Mizzou Volleyball, who saw three of its players earn All SEC honors — juniors Kylie Deberg and Tyanna Omazic and redshirt sophomore Andrea Fuentes — and learned its fate for the NCAA Tournament.
- BenFred at the Post-Dispatch agrees with Sam: Sterk is putting himself under the microscope with his decision on Odom.
- Props to Souichi Terada, who committed to his weekly grade card on Missouri’s win over Arkansas.
- PowerMizzou has a lot up on the latest in the coaching search, though you have to be a subscriber to get just about any of it.
- Finally, Missouri gymnastics gave fans a taste of what’s to come at the annual Black & Gold Exhibition. The team will begin its season in January when they face Illinois.
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)