Just some football housekeeping... why, is something else going on?
Not much happened in the second day of Mizzou’s head coaching search (which you can read about literally anywhere) outside of rumors and speculation, so there’s not much to report on that front.
However, there were quite a few end-of-season house-keeping notes to catch up on if you haven’t heard them already!
- In a move that surprises no one, Albert Okwuegbunam is heading for greener pastures.
The junior had a disappointing year compared to his freshman and sophomore seasons, but his talent is undeniable, and he’ll get more than a fair shot at playing on Sundays. Thanks for all you’ve done, Albert O!
- Speaking of future NFLers, Missouri landed two players (including an underclassmen) on Pro Football Focus’s SEC Defensive Team of the Year.
I would do almost anything to make sure Nick Bolton came back next year.
- We finally have confirmation that true freshman QB Connor Bazelak tore his ACL in Saturday’s season finale win over Arkansas. It’s a huge bummer for the kid, who looked pretty damn good in his first few outings as a Tiger. Here’s to hoping the injury won’t affect his eligibility — correct me if I’m wrong, but he should’ve maintained his redshirt since he only appeared in two games.
- The Kansas City Star reports that Barry Odom still had a lot of support in the last days of his reign. Do with that information what you will.
- Finally, Peter Baugh at The Athletic talked with the families of Mizzou recruits and players about the wait for a new coach to be announced. Trigger warning for the easily anxious and non-subscribers.
Yesterday at Rock M
- Drew Lock’s NFL career will tell us a lot about Barry Odom’s tenure
- Potential Coach Profile: Mike Norvell
- The defense was as big of a problem as the offense in Missouri’s early deficits
- Per usual, you can catch up on all the latest coaching search gossip at PowerMizzou, but you’ll need to be a subscriber to really see any of it.
- Ben Frederickson heaped praise upon Drew Lock for his winning debut, and Lock’s post-game material was collected by the Post-Dispatch.
- Congrats to Sarah Luebbert, who was named All-Southeast second team after a stellar season for Mizzou Soccer!
- Thoughts, prayers and good vibes to the family of former men’s golf coach Al Chandler, who passed away on Sunday.
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)