Boy, what a way to wrap up the year, huh?
Last night’s Mizzou basketball game was fun as hell. The defense looked better than it had all year. The Tigers shot over 50 percent from three. Torrence Watson found his groove. The walk-ons were splashing threes. These blood donor type games can be a drag even in the best of times, but every once in a while one of them turns into a good old-fashioned romp. And what better place to enjoy such a victory than on Twitter?
In lieu of the traditional game stories, which you can find just about anywhere, here were a few of my favorite tweets from the evening. Feel free to drop yours in the comments.
[extremely Italian plumber voice] HERE WE GO!
Torrence Watson 24, Chicago State 29— Matt Michaels (@KTGRMatt) December 31, 2019
Sure, that score wouldn’t hold, but it should also be noted that this was tweeted late in the second half.
TORRENCE WATSON FOR THREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE! https://t.co/Ckviq1hwHP— Sam Snelling (@SamTSnelling) December 31, 2019
Sam didn’t do this six more times, which I honestly think was a mistake.
Evan Yerkes out here punishing dudes for going under the screen.— Matt Harris (@MattJHarris85) December 31, 2019
The preferred walk-on (who I talked to before his freshman season) not only nailed a step-back trey, but also followed his own shot for a board and bucket. Walk-on king.
I don’t know what ASMR stands for, but it has to have something to do with the net splash on that Brooks Ford three.
Will Axel Okongo get playing time soon? Martin: "We just have to weigh our options with him." Says he's in position to play defensively ...— Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) December 31, 2019
An Axel Okongo mention? Jeez, it was that kind of night, huh?
Yesterday at Rock M
- Hoops Preview: Missouri wraps up non-conference play against Chicago State
- Top Moments of the 2010s: Denmon downs Kansas
- LIVE THREAD: Mizzou hosts Chicago State
- Watson sets Mizzou Arena record, Missouri dominates Chicago State
- The year wraps up in t-minus however-many-hours-until-midnight-you’re-reading-this, and the Columbia Tribune decided to round up the biggest sports moments of the year, including several from Mizzou.
- It was a tough day for #TigerStyle, who fell to nationally-ranked Lehigh and Cornell on Monday morning.
- PowerMizzou continued its two series on the 2010s and the football roster review. Gabe wrote about the biggest surprises of the decade while Mitchell examined the defensive tackles on Mizzou’s roster. Subscribers can also read Gabe’s Monday morning thoughts and an update on the first new recruiting visit of the Eli Drinkwitz.
- Dave Matter wrote a profile on Mitchell Smith, who saw his record as a starter run to 4-0 against Chicago State.
- Twitter cracked the code: Drew Lock was singing Jeezy.
What a hero.
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)