Barry Odom says goodbye to Mizzou with a heartfelt message. Now I am sad.
Here’s the tweet he sent out on Tuesday morning.
Seriously, what a class act and a respectful message. Just think that this was his first college football head coaching job in the toughest conference in the country, having to replace Missouri’s all-time winningest coach. Ending his Missouri tenure with a record of 25-25, Odom did an admirable job under those really tough circumstances to get Missouri with a bowl-eligible record in three straight seasons. Unfortunately, he just couldn’t get over the hump with this program and things just didn’t work out the way everybody wanted them to. Here’s hoping he lands on his feet somewhere and sometime soon (he will).
So there’s no postseason for football, baseball, and softball this year (yeah, it still sucks) . And with the way things are going at the moment, there won’t be for basketball, either. But volleyball is in the NCAA Tournament!
The team is on its way to Lincoln, Nebraska, today and will play Northern Iowa on Friday.
Good luck to first year head coach Joshua Taylor as the Tiger volleyball team will make its fifth consecutive NCAA Tournament appearance.
Yesterday at Rock M
- Mizzou’s next coach using this job as a stepping stone isn’t necessarily a bad thing, writes Brandon Kiley
- Potential Coach Profile: Lane Kiffin, by Nate Edwards
- Study Hall: Charleston Southern 68, Missouri 60 (yeah, that happened), by Sam Snelling
- Potential Coach Profile: Will Healy, by Nate Edwards
- Here’s the latest on PowerMizzou’s 2019 Coaching Search Central Page
- FootballScoop has the latest update on Missouri’s coaching candidates
- Mizzou coaching search: Blake Anderson trending up? writes STLToday’s Dave Matter
- Quick Hits: Ben Fred on which coach candidates are right (and wrong) for Mizzou
- Here’s Brandon Kiley’s latest True Son podcast with The Athletic’s Chris Vannini on potential Mizzou coaching candidates
- From Mizzou Athletics: Mizzou Volleyball opens 2019 NCAA Tournament Friday vs Northern Iowa
- Also from Mizzou Athletics: Mizzou Women’s Basketball returns home to host St. Louis Thursday
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)