On the 8th day of December, the Mizzou Tigers gave to me— A MEN’S HOOPS ROAD WIN!
THIS IS NOT A DRILL. The Tigers won a game again, y’all. On the road. Against a very good defensive team that has three wins over power five programs. The three game losing streak is over. Perhaps we are moving past that (whispers) Charleston Southern abomination.
Here’s hoping the wins continue!
Javon had a sneaky good performance off the bench, and I’m so happy for him.
Love to see it!
Onto the links!
Yesterday at Rock M
- Sam’s Saturday Links addressed Championship Game Day and the continued Missouri coaching search.
- Josh previewed the Temple game, Missouri’s last shot at a non-conference road win. (HAPPY SIGH)
- New Matt posted a recap of the Mizzou’s massive road win in Philly.
- Nate profiled another potential Mizzou Football coaching candidate in Army’s Jeff Monken.
- PowerMizzou (mostly subscribers): PowerMizzou Coaching Search landing page. Gabe also alluded to some wackiness on their message boards late last night, if that’s your cup of tea..
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch: Dave gave his picks on Saturday’s slate of games.
- ClevelandBrowns.com: 15 questions with Sheldon Richardson!
- SI.com posted this bit of news, and it would be great for Barry if true.
- KC Star: Souichi Terada published 4 takeaways from Mizzou’s win and a recap.
- St. Louis Post-Dispatch: Jon Marks, in a special to the Post-Dispatch, posted a recap. Apparently coaching searches are more important than attending hoops games, which is blasphemy. Matter did preview the game, however, citing the necessity of the Tigers finding their 3-point stroke.
- Columbia Missourian: Bryan Napier said Missouri got a much-needed, confidence-building win at Temple.
- The Maneater: Wilson Moore said Missouri’s struggles remained, but it didn’t change the outcome.
- MUTigers.com: Identified the stretch with 4:09 remaining as the turning point of the game.
- MUTigers.com: previewed the women’s matchup with UMKC that will tip at 2pm Sunday.
Other Mizzou Sports
- Wrestling: MU wrestling wins Cougar Clash behind five individual titles, wrote Anderson Kimball (Columbia Missourian)
- Wheelchair Basketball: Higgins stars as MU wheelchair basketball improves to 11-6, wrote Liad Lerner (Columbia Missourian)
- Volleyball: Missouri’s season comes to an end with loss to No. 5 Nebraska, wrote Jackson Stone (Columbia Missourian)
- If you’re looking to sign up for ESPN+, Rock M Nation now has an affiliate link: click Here for ESPN+ Now! (** RockMNation has affiliate partnerships. These do not influence editorial content, though RockMNation may earn commissions for products purchased via affiliate links.**)