Missouri schedules in-home with 2020 4-star PG Caleb Love
Caleb Love, from CBC in St. Louis, will have four in-home visits over a span of eight days, culminating with an in-home visit with the Tigers.
Here’s the in-home visit schedule for five-star junior Caleb Love, a source told @Stockrisers:— Jake (@jakeweingarten) April 17, 2019
- 4/23: DePaul
- 4/24: Iowa
- 4/26: Texas
- 5/1: Mizzou
In other recruit news, Corey Evans of Rivals.com answered questions from readers, including who leads for Duquesne transfer Eric Williams.
According to Evans, it’s a two-team race between Missouri and Oregon, although Evans says Oregon is showing more effort now (visiting Williams in Pittsburgh already, ahead of his visit to Eugene).
Speaking of recruiting, Cuonzo Martin had some great insight into Missouri’s recruiting philosophy here:
: Mizzou’s Cuonzo Martin offers recruiting advice to those looking for recruiting experience.— Coaching U (@Coaching_U) April 17, 2019
Watch the Full Video Set Here:https://t.co/7hQvUMJhkA pic.twitter.com/wDZI3vCvhS
Mizzou baseball’s hot play has it moving up in postseason projections
Baseball America and D1Baseball both released their updated Field of 64 projections on Wednesday, and Missouri is a two seed in each of them.
Baseball America has Missouri as a two-seed in the Lubbock regional, with Texas Tech as the top seed, Creighton at No. 3 and Nebraska-Omaha at fourth.
D1Baseball has Missouri as a two-seed in the Louisville regional, joining Louisville (1), Oklahoma (3) and Miami (OH) at No. 4. That, of course, would be a rematch of the 12-year anniversary of Missouri’s home regional in 2007 — the one that Louisville stormed back to win, capped by a Chris Dominguez stare-down after a home run that brought the ire of Missouri players.
- Yahoo! Sports has an in-depth profile of Michael Sam in his post-football days, including how he hit rock bottom with drugs. Glad to see he got control of his life again and wish him nothing but the best.
- Missouri offered 2020 JUCO CB Art Green on Wednesday. Green is a BIG cornerback (6-2, 190) for Hutchinson C.C., and is formerly from Parkway Central in the St. Louis area. Green claims 15 offers in that tweet linked previously; those offers include South Carolina, Tennessee, Nebraska and Mississippi State.
Green was a two-star receiver in the 2018 class and committed to Arkansas State but ended up going the JUCO route at Hutch. Hey, Missouri has had some prior good luck with St. Louis recruits who went to Hutchinson!
- With spring football over, Dave Matter re-visits his five top story lines from the beginning of camp (via STLtoday.com)
- Another former Missouri player joins the ranks of Missouri high school football coaches, as former Mizzou and NFL defensive tackle Atiyyah Ellison goes from an assistant coach to the head coach at Columbia’s Battle High School. Congratulations, Atiyyah!
- Andy Staples is asked which of the SEC Tigers will have the best season; while he doesn’t say Missouri will be better than Auburn or LSU, he also doesn’t say that Missouri WON’T be better than those two. (via Sports Illustrated)
- Dabo Swinney praised his Clemson players that traveled to Columbia to watch former teammate Kelly Bryant in Missouri’s spring game (via TigerNet.com)