Busy day in the Mizzou hoops recruiting world
- 4-star 2021 PG Kennedy Chandler | Notable offers — Arizona State, Florida, Ole Miss, Vanderbilt
- 3-star 2020 C John Hugley | Notable offers — Georgia Tech, Nebraska, Penn State, Pitt, Xavier
- 5-star 2020 PG Jalen Suggs | Notable offers — 25, including Florida, Gonzaga, Baylor, Kansas
- 4-star 2021 PF Chet Holmgren | Notable offers — Illinois, Iowa, Kansas
- Unranked 2020 SF Prince Aligbe | Notable offers — Illinois, Iowa, Maryland
It should also be noted that Suggs is also a four-star quarterback in the 2020 class with offers from Georgia, Nebraska anad Ohio State, among others. Missouri has not offered him in football yet, at least not publicly.
Also, again from Weingarten, Missouri will have in-home visits on Thursday with Cam’Ron Fletcher and Caleb Love.
Former Missouri great Danny LaRose passes away
Gabe DeArmond pointed this out on Twitter, but former Missouri football player Danny LaRose over the weekend.
LaRose was as accomplished in football and track as they come. From his obituary:
He earned a bachelor’s degree in 1960 from the University of Missouri in Columbia, where he starred in football and track, earning unanimous All-American honors and finishing 8th in the 1960 Heisman Trophy vote. He was named Big Eight Conference Sophomore of the Year in football and broke Olympian Al Oerter’s indoor shot put record. After being drafted by the Detroit Lions, he played six seasons in the National Football League, playing for the Lions, Pittsburgh Steelers, San Francisco 49ers and Denver Broncos.
Gabe also pointed this out on Twitter — LaRose is the only Missouri defensive player to finish in the top-ten in Heisman voting.
- Missouri baseball faces Steve Beiser’s old squad, SEMO, at 3 pm Wednesday, looking to continue its strong play since the Georgia sweep. After that, the Tigers travel to Knoxville to face the 23rd-ranked Volunteers over the weekend.
- Speaking of Mizzou baseball, this was from over the weekend but just in case you haven’t seen it:
- Missouri softball hosts UMKC at 6 pm Wednesday, looking to get back in the win column after being swept over the weekend against Mississippi State.
- Mitchell Forde of PowerMizzou.com takes a look at the Missouri players who were drafted since 2010, and how they ranked as recruits. I did not realize that Kony Ealy wasn’t on a roster last year, either.
- Chris Trapasso of CBS Sports released his big board for the 2020 NFL Draft, and Albert Okwuegbunam checks in at No. 18.